Idea for Faux sand bed. Envirotex Lite high gloss finish.

I ran it for at least three years. I had a 20H with a False percula and a brazillian flameback angel. Several easy to keep corals.

I also had pond foam and Krylon spraypainted details in the tank, and nothing seemed harmed by the combination. I think it actually ran rather well. I blame my husbandry habits to any failures of corals to thrive. I got very lazy.

The flameback jumped for an unknown reason, but he was fat and happy when he bailed.

I still have the Ocellaris clown, she's doing great.

HTH
Aaron

I can vouch for this method. I did this back in 2005/06 on my 90g & had it for 1 & 1/2 yrs. It was awesome & everything thrived.

If you dosed like me (Randy's 2 part) then it does not matter what color the bottom is, everything turns red/purple from the coralline that grows everywhere.

58105491.pics_060402001b.jpg

57419619.pics_060318027bs.jpg

Gonna give this idea a shot. I have never run BB. I am breaking down my current 120 and have everything in a 40B. Wife likes the look of sand not piling up in the front.

Good to know Michael's still carries the same products, 10 years later. Best part: 1/2 off coupon online, $17 out the door for the 32 oz.

Great thread and lots of good ideas! Thanks everyone! I am going with HDPE and Envirotex.

For those of you still subscribed (!?) One question, did you all "rough up" the HDPE to make the envirotex stick better?

Thanks in advance!

Great thread and lots of good ideas! Thanks everyone! I am going with HDPE and Envirotex.

For those of you still subscribed (!?) One question, did you all "rough up" the HDPE to make the envirotex stick better?

Thanks in advance!

I did not, though the board I used was not shiny or super smooth. It had some texture to it already.

Im thinking of this for a 500 FOWLR. Concerned about the corraline. My calcium will not be at reef levels....do you think this will be an issue

Back