Identify

Missy blaze

Hi all I was just wondering if anyone can identify this I bought a zoa and it grew out of it I separated them

Attachments

• 20231028_185645.jpg
    20231028_185645.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20231121_175257.jpg
    IMG_20231121_175257.jpg
    809.4 KB · Views: 22
Do you have any white light pics? If it has a skeleton, I’d say a type of Euphyllia. If it doesn’t have a skeleton my guess is a mojano anemone, generally considered a pest.

Also welcome to RC!

No sorry no white light photos it doesn't have a skeleton though so I should probably remove it then before it spreads

I'll put it in quarantine tank see what happens thanks guys hopefully its something nice
It's such a small piece (it looks like something torn off, not a baby IMO), it really could be a lot of things. If there's no discernable mouth that lends to the torn off idea,

The first photo is where it was found the second was after I separated the zoas out
Yep imagine some coral growers frag tank, he's got plugs with zoas and plugs with your mystery item growing side by side. He moves the plugs at some point - mystery coral had grown on to zoa plug and a piece gets ripped off the mystery coral. That's what I am saying.

Fair enough maybe I send him the photo and see if they have something like that growing in there tank iv moved it to my other tank to be safe 😊

Back