If you custom make...

Duncanr9t

A 48" long, 20x20, does anyone have an opinion on the overflow box position in the tank?

Middle, left corner, right corner or both corners?

A 48" long, 20x20, does anyone have an opinion on the overflow box position in the tank?

Middle, left corner, right corner or both corners?

I think normally in the middle. It would look weird in the corner with a single overflow box. If you go with two overflow boxes that would mean more plumbing.

what type of overflow?

I'm going to assume tower style with the bottom drilled for the plumbing? If so then middle would be the best place as one side would look weird. If you to go with the side, I would do 2, one on each side, but that is a nightmare to plumb and tune.

If I were to do it? Low profile external overflow like modular marine or synergy reef. Dead center.

Rule of thirds. I like a single overflow a third of the way from an end to help with a more interesting aquascaping.

If it were me. I would Do a 1x4 inch box all the way across the back of the tank NO Teeth.. then a external box for your drains ... drilling 2-3 holes between the two boxes..

on my tank i have a 1x6x30 inch internal and a 4x30x12 box in the external

Depends on where the tank is going. Corner/ corners or back wall depends on where the tank is going in your house.

Back