Increasing Phosphate and NO3

ChefJoe

I am experiencing some color lose. Phosphates range from undetectable to .025 depending on the nutrients that I put in the tank to spike phosphates. However they usually drop down quickly. When higher levels the corals seem to perk up… etc…. You guys know what I am talking about.

NO3 is pretty much undetectable (Red Sea)…

What supplements do you recommend, I am currently adding aminos, zoo, phypto, RR, and pellets.

I have run across some brightwell products. Do you guys recommend.

24g bare bottom

As always THANK YOU!

I am experiencing some color lose. Phosphates range from undetectable to .025 depending on the nutrients that I put in the tank to spike phosphates. However they usually drop down quickly. When higher levels the corals seem to perk up… etc…. You guys know what I am talking about.

NO3 is pretty much undetectable (Red Sea)…

What supplements do you recommend, I am currently adding aminos, zoo, phypto, RR, and pellets.

I have run across some brightwell products. Do you guys recommend.

24g bare bottom

As always THANK YOU!
The stuff you are adding will give you your phosphates. For nitrates the brightwell neonitro works well and is easy to calculate and dose. You can also use some brands of stump remover which is potassium nitrate but it has to be pure.

You can always increase your feeding. Pellets seems to increase PO4 and frozen NO3. Reef Roids PO4, etc.

Red Sea AB+ (amino acids) will also increase PO4.

The above is my experience and YMMV.

Back