Instant Ocean Sea Salt & Reef Crystals Salt Mix, made where??????

Still no one can tell me where the most selling brand of salt in the US is maid or where it's repackaged, or relabeled (city, state)

If you couldn't find t he information you're looking for with the information I gave you, you're basically just waiting for somebody to come along and hand you the answer which you may or may not dispute once given. Do a little research yourself instead of relying on others, it will get you further in this hobby then anything else.

If you couldn't find t he information you're looking for with the information I gave you, you're basically just waiting for somebody to come along and hand you the answer which you may or may not dispute once given. Do a little research yourself instead of relying on others, it will get you further in this hobby then anything else.

I did not see your post, thanks for the info.

Still no one can tell me where the most selling brand of salt in the US is maid or where it’s repackaged, or relabeled (city, state)

I know exactly where it is made, and I told you it is in the US. I was asked to not say exactly where the "new" plant is located, but I can't see that you need that information anyway for purposes of buying US made products. :)

I guess it is public by now anyway since this blog gives the location: Blacksburg, Va:

http://www.fintastic.us/sea-salt-behind-the-scenes/

Wow!!!!!! I would never have guessed this in a million years!!! I graduated from VT (blacksburg, VA) not all too long ago... so I'm intimately familliar with the area. This just made my day... and even though I'm using it currently... I can say I will definitely continue to use IO now lol.

Wow!!!!!! I would never have guessed this in a million years!!! I graduated from VT (blacksburg, VA) not all too long ago... so I'm intimately familliar with the area. This just made my day... and even though I'm using it currently... I can say I will definitely continue to use IO now lol.

me too felt the same way...Go Hokies!!!

I realize this thread is ten years old, but I may be able to shed some light on the question of where Instant Ocean is made.
As an aquarist since the late 60s and even trying two marine tanks in 1970, I can safely say that originally Instant Ocean was
made near my hometown of Chesterland, Ohio. Instant Ocean in 1970 was made in Mentor, Ohio. The company that made it
Aquarium Systems, was formed by a Mr. Kelley, originally from the Cleveland Aquarium. But with mergers, take overs, etc. the Blacksburg
facility may now be the manufacture location. Now owned by Spectrum Industries, it is hard to fathom the diversity of their products.
Spectrum owns Tetra, Instant Ocean, Black & Decker (makes Dewalt),and a host of other products. I made a quick phone call
and a gentleman confirmed that Instant Ocean was made in Blacksburg, VA.

Back