Introduce yourself!!

spleify

Premium Member
Hi all, I have noticed a lot of new members on the local forum here lately. It’s great to see so many new folks getting(sucked) into the hobby!

Well I thought it would be nice if we all shared a little bit about ourselves and our tank(s).

My name is Leif and I have been into saltwater tanks for 6 years now. I have had a fresh water tank of some sort since I was about 11. I absolutely love this hobby and its ever changing and challenging aspects.

My current tanks are a 55 In-Wall (little red house) and a 65 Gal cube

The 55 has been set up(and tore down and set up and tore down and set up) for 6 years now and it mostly LPS and softie. The cube is 9 months old and is mostly SPS.

I don’t know what else to say. Just wanted to welcome the new and old folks to introduce themselves so we might know a little more about our friends and piers.

Spleify

Hi all my name is Dillon and i have been in the hobby for about 4 years now. I just recently had to part ways with my 180g acrylic rr tank but im still up and running my 135g cube tank 30" x 36" x 28".

A little about myself, i work on semi trucks by day and race cars by night(57 chevy promod)(57performancemarketing.com)WE WERE IN PINKS!!!! As you can see i have alot on my plate, oh wait throw in my loving wife(Amber) my daughter(Zienna) and my son(Houlton) That makes me real busy so i love to relax next to my tank. ok ok enough of my babble on with the show. To all the newbys WELCOME!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14194414#post14194414 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 135 gallon reef
Hi all my name is Dillon and i have been in the hobby for about 4 years now. I just recently had to part ways with my 180g acrylic rr tank but im still up and running my 135g cube tank 30" x 36" x 28".

A little about myself, i work on semi trucks by day and race cars by night(57 chevy promod)(57performancemarketing.com)WE WERE IN PINKS!!!! As you can see i have alot on my plate, oh wait throw in my loving wife(Amber) my daughter(Zienna) and my son(Houlton) That makes me real busy so i love to relax next to my tank. ok ok enough of my babble on with the show. To all the newbys WELCOME!!!

Thats bad!!!

I gotta drag my crippled butt out to a race this year. Been too long.

OK I'll play

I'm Grim, I mean Steve

About 6 years in reefs, 40 years freshwater off and on.

My day "job" is playing with reef lighting, If I had a real job I wouldn't have time to do what I do.

I have a 105 gallon system that is really taking off aside from a nasty algae issue I am barely starting to turn the tables on.

Grim i get free tix to bandimere i will let you know when i have some so you can go on me! sorry didn't mean to steal the thread, you may proceed...

Well my name is Lance and I have 2 years experience in salt but have been out for the last 7 years. Just building a 215 starphire inwall with my basement finish. I have been reading up for about a year now and will hopefully get some water in my tank in the next two or three weeks(I'm getting a little excited). I'm going to run 2 mpw40 vortechs, 3 400 halides, G4 skimmer, and a 75gal sump. I guess I should also add I have a 68 Corvette with a 509BB, 2 kids(Collin and Gabby) and a very supportive wife named Stacy.

p1000702-1.jpg

HI I'm Scott and I've been Salt free for 10 months.. Sadly I've had a relapse and brought home a 55 gallon tank. It's just a matter of time until I'm salty again..

I've been a salt addict for 10 years.. I have quit a few times but it always pulls you back in.. It's that Craigs list I tell ya.. It's the tool of the devil!

I lived in Denver for 5 years and moved to Washington this Summer.
The Colorado Reef crowd can't be beat so I still hang here :)

Ok I guess Ill say something about myself. My name is Rachelle and I am a freshman up at CU Boulder and I have my 12 gal AP up with me. I started salt water when my boyfriend bought me a tank as a christmas present and lets just say from there I have only gotten more hooked. Lets see I am a premed/prenursing major... oh and I think I should tell you I love clams! haha I have 3!

I'll play.

I'm Jason. My wife and I got into saltwater about a year and a half ago, and I've been doing fresh since '04 (haven't had a fresh in a year though).

I used to live in Phoenix and had a 70g mixed reef. Moved to Longmont last March with my livestock in the care of a friend. Well he had a tank crash so all that livestock bit the dust, and I never got around to setting up the 70g here. We set up a 15g nano and got it cycling, but then decided to take a break from the hobby for a bit.

That didn't last long. We set up a new 20g in September. It has had a few problems, but is recovering nicely. Currently only has some zoas, a couple small candycanes, and a small RBTA, plus a pair of onyx clowns, scooter blenny (doing amazingly well since September btw), and a cleaner shrimp.

Just realized I don't have any pics, heh.

Welcome everyone, and nice to learn about you folks.

Ok, I know there are more of you out there old and new, c'mon lets hear from you.

Hi, I am Rod. I have had a fish tank for the past 15 years and just went back to saltwater about 8 months ago. I am new to the forum so I hope to learn alot. I work from home so I have my 135 gallon tank in my home office and I can watch it all day. It is great when it is snowing outside.

My name is Davey and I am an addict:)
I need to get some Pics of the tank. Its a custom 108 gallon cube. starphire all around. 30x30x28. I have been reefing since Feb 06. so close to 3 yrs. did freshwater for 10 yrs before finally making the plundge to salt!~

I moved to Longmont 6 weeks ago from Northern California, Job transfer. My wife and i love it here so far. We have a 15 month old and a 2 month old.

Hi,my name is Kieth and i have been into fish tanks since i was a kid.I only did freshwater when i was younger but i always dreamed about setting up a saltwater tank when i had some room and money to do it.I set up my first saltwater tank in 2001 when i bought a 55g setup from neptunes.It was a fowlr with a amiracle wet/dry.I had this running pretty good but i then wanted a bigger tank(sound familier?:)I went and bought a 100g tank with a wet/dry again from sherman tank company when they had the big shop.I set it up but soon after decided i didnt have enough time so it all went into storage including the 55g.I started to reset up the 100g this summer and bought some new stuff including a skimmer and some powerheads.I turned the wet/dry into my sump and its been going pretty good so far.

Hi, my name is Steve aka Stix, by day I am an Architect. I have been in the hobby for 1 year and 3 months. It all started out as a trip to petco to replace a beta for my wife. I secretly hated the fish and said why not get a couple clowns instead. We started with a 46g bowfront and upgraded exactly a year after to a 58g. I also have a 10g black and white clown tank with all the coral my wife likes that is not allowed in the main tank.
My wife Ashley is becoming more of an addict every day. Some of you have met her, she deals with tetraselmis phyto, by day she is a cytogenetic technician. (chromosome analysis)

I've met a lot of good friends through this group and hope to meet more.

Im also looking forward to the day we get rid of our condo to upgrade once again!

Besides saltwater, I enjoy hiking, backpacking, camping, 14ers, running, and snowboarding. I also have two crazy boxers that never slow down.

Hi, my name is Jeremy. I have had fish tank since I can ever remember (all fresh water). My younger brother had a couple of salt water tank that I drew interest towards about 5 years ago. I ended up buying a 300 gallon for my first tank. It's been a fun ride so far.

I just finished moving the tank from our old house to a new house. Built it in-wall and it's running nicely now. I'll have to take some pictures this weekend.

I am in the point-of-sale industry, my fiance TinaMay is wrapping up her Bachelor's degree right now. We have two labs and find the tank is a calming relief to life's hectic cards.

Hi, I'm Chris. I'm a Cancer and I like long walks on the beach and quality champagne. I've been in the hobby for almost six months now with a 65 wide tank (36"Lx24"Wx17"H) housing a mixed reef, two spawning orchid dottybacks named Ty and Dot, and a tiger goby named Goby Goby Goby. Other housemates include KP the behaviorally challenged cat and Zach, an iguana that puts up with it all with aplomb.

My wife, Christie, is slowly getting sucked in and has recently turned her back on her environmental engineer sensibilities and now embraces the dark side of wild-caught livestock. (AFT)
I'm told that pretty fish will do that.
We are now in the market for some sort of anthias to be named later.

Nice to meet everyone, I know there are more of you out there. C'mon don't be bashful. Let us know more about you!

Back