Introduce yourself!!

Finally posting!

I'm Ryan, and as you can tell I dig reefs and jeeps. At the moment I no longer own any jeeps but I'm sure that will change. I have a 72 gallon Bowfront that I'm currently building a stand and canopy for. I think if I had it to do over again I would go with a normal tank instead of being "different" and getting the neat-o curved one. I've had the tank for almost 3 years and I'm sure I have battled almost every single issue a tank could have. Currently I am still battling the supa-high nitrate war, but I think I will finally break down and actually buy a skimmer.

Other than that, I love to tinker with the tank and build new things for it, just built a Kalk reactor a few weeks ago. I know I have a lot to learn about this hobby and I'm glad to know that there are a ton of us here in colorado!

Thanks!
Ryan

Oh man I like the 72 bow. however I have been tinkering with a hood for it for about 2 months now but it sits halfway completed, I think I went a little too extreme

Haha! I feel that "too extreme" stuff! I just finished the front part of the canopy and it was pretty tough. I'm starting the front of the stand today and should have it finished sometime this week.(I hope)

for the nitrate probelm, try a deep sand bed. i have a 12x12 x7" section in my sump/fuge that really works great to keep the nitrates down.

Hi. My name is Craig.

I've lived in lived in Aurora or Denver my entire life. I am currently a landscaper. Haha! I say currently because it seems every couple of years I have to learn a new trade.

Anyway, I've only had freshwater tanks. But I'm about to take the plunge into saltwater. I have a 55 bowfront that I can't wait to get started on.

Welcome and feel free to ask anything you may need to everyone is here to help. You will soon be completelt hooked on reefs though.

Zombie - I actually setup a remote DSB in a 7 gallon bucket. it's filled with about 45 pounds of oolitic, however, I still see no change in the nitrate and its been running for about 3 months now. I have it supplied with a maxijet 1200. How long does it usually take to get them up and running correctly?? should I just wait longer?
Ryan

Not sure off hand, could be flow through it is too fast, they tend to need a bit of time for the water to run through the substrate and out, try slowing it down a bit. Maybe post a new thread for this question, it will be easier to get more answers.

Making the Move to CO.

Making the Move to CO.

Hello all my name is Brandon I currently live in Mesa AZ, My wife and I and our 2 sons plan on moving to Denver in Feb. 2010 I currently have a 150 Gallon reef tank, After looking through the forums on R/C to my surprize a Colorado Reef society, I will be taking down the 150 G and selling everything. So When I get set up in CO I will start fresh and will need help finding supplies E.T.C to get started, thinking about a 300 G this time around. Anyways just wanted to say hello to the CO reefers, look forward to getting to know you. Brandon:D :D

HELLO, just found out about this forum, and I'm stoked... I gotta 6gal bowfront all beefy w/ 8watt florecent, 27LED's 9 blue 18 white.zoa's , mushrooms , blue xenia , firefish, sexy shrimp, and a new birdnest(frag). I have only a few months experience but have been reading for a year. My buddy chad got me into it, so I seek much needed advice from him and RC. I don't have a bad muscle car but but I get to shred 50+ days a year....LOVE 303

Whats up guys. I got word of this forum from a buddy of mine John. I got a 55 gal reef tank with a 5 gallon refugium. I only have power compacts but I am having lots of fun with this tank. Pictures will be up soon and maybe I could get some helpful criticism.

Hello, My name is Brad, I am a Colorado native and have been into salt tanks for about 8 years. I tried to get out of the hobby but I could not stay away, so I am restarting a 55 gal with a 30 gal refugium/sump in the basement. I am hoping to get some corals fragged soon so I can start trading. For my real job I install low volt wiring, home theater, telephon, cable, security, etc. In this economy work is slow so money is tight, but I just got permission from my wife to upgrade when work picks up, I can see the 180gal now.

Hey everyone! I have been into saltwater tanks for just one year now and am enjoying every bit of it. I didn't know a thing about saltwater when I started but I have learned a lot on the way and continue to learn something new everyday mainly due to this forum. I have a 90g tank connected to a 30g refugium. I have various zoas, a toadstool, green slimer, acans, and a maxima clam. I can't wait to hear what kind of helpful advice everyone can give me. You all have helped so much already.

Whats up everyone glad i found this forum i have a 72 gallon bowfront with tons of corals and a few fish also a 20 gallon reef and a 10 gallon dardanus hermit crab tank

My name is Ryan. I am recently married and have been recently laid off for the third time in 15 months. As a result, I had to get rid of my tank to keep up with the bills. I had a 180 reef that had all Deltec components, with Tunze pumps. Hopefully when I get a job, I will set up another tank!

Anyone who may know of some openings in the finance or advertising world, please send me a PM. My wife and I would be indebted to you.

Hello to all the folks that have posted in this thread, glad to have you here and thanks for introducing your selves!

Spleify

hey guys my name is travis and i used to be pretty active a few years back, was even a club member, long story short i ended up having to sell it all, the 180 hurt the most, now that i have a house again im starting back in. had to start a new account due to not remembering the password and not having that e-mail any more...

im gonna be in the process of building my frankinstine setup over the next few months its going to be a joined system on three shelf stand. the sump skimmer and all that stuff on the bottom, two 55 gal on the middle one reef one fish only non reef safe, then four tanks on the upper row (thinking of using 30's or so ) two for prop one for a refusium and on for what ever comes to mind...

should be fun!

so, hi and its nice to be back!

Back