Introduce yourself!!

hello everyone!!!

it seems like this thread hasn't gotten too much attention lately, but i thought i would introduce myself :)

i'm new to the reef hobby, and go to CU :). i've recently acquired a BC14 and am soooo close to having it set up :) going to order live rock from tbs!

here's some pictures so far :)

IMG_0321.jpg

5.jpg

photo.jpg

1ba7901d3381__1242554385000.jpg

:rollface:

if i put some rock in it can i join the club? :p

naughty WELCOME. I dont frequent here as much as I used to but you still deserve a WELCOME.
Cheers.

Hi All--

New saltwater addict in Parker.

I have:

46 gallon bowfront tank
live rock (don't know how much but it creates a nice "island" of rock at many depths)
Octo 1000 skimmer
Penguin 200
Two powerheads
1 2-bulb T-5 High Output lamp
crushed coral/shell substrate
4 micro hermits
4 turbo snails
1 mushroom coral hitch hiker

Hoping to network and meet fellow reefers in Colorado! I kept a tank many years ago but so much has changed, I am a noob again.

Anyway, hi! :wave:

New To RC

New To RC

My name is Geoff and I wanted to introduce myself here even though I introduced myself in the main forum.

I have been in saltwater for a couple of months or so even though I have always lived around the ocean (Hawaii and Spain) and have always wanted saltwater. Never had the extra time to set anything up.

My current set up is Red Sea Max 130D (34 gallon) with 50 lbs of live rock, 30 lbs of live sand.

2 Ocellaris Clown Fish
1 Coral Banded Shrimp
1 Emerald Crab
6 turbo and astrea snails
5 blue legged hermit crabs
3 scarlet hermit crabs
3 mushrooms
1 Zoa colony with 25+ heads
1 medium cauliflower colt coral

My wife also has a JBJ Picotope (3 gallon) with 5 lbs of live rock and 2 lbs of live sand.

Nothing currently in her tank, but we are actually going to get her some stuff today...hopefully I can get some more corals as well.

Hi, I am new to the forum and to saltwater. I live in Denver and have a 12 gal JBJ Nano Cube DX. I recently set the tank up, filled it with live rock and sand. I am patiently waiting to begin adding inhabitants, all locally procured. I was wondering if there were any local events where I could connect with other saltwater reefers?

Hello I'm a total noob. I have been in the tank business for about 6 years now all fresh. I have a 10g, two 30g's a 55g and just recently a 90g never a salt. I'm starting to realize that I have a problem. So I started planning a stand for a 150g. The plan was (was being the key word) to combine all tanks into the 90 and the 150. BUT then I started thinking about salt. I have always wanted to do salt but have been scared to try. Have been doing a lot of reading and talking to local fish stores. I think I'm going to go all in. 150g salt tank baby here I come.

Hello I'm a total noob. I have been in the tank business for about 6 years now all fresh. I have a 10g, two 30g's a 55g and just recently a 90g never a salt. I'm starting to realize that I have a problem. So I started planning a stand for a 150g. The plan was (was being the key word) to combine all tanks into the 90 and the 150. BUT then I started thinking about salt. I have always wanted to do salt but have been scared to try. Have been doing a lot of reading and talking to local fish stores. I think I'm going to go all in. 150g salt tank baby here I come.

Better sell off the fw to become fully addicted :celeb1:

And check out the club site, www.marinecolorado.org. It might be.com, who knows anymore.

Back into Reefing

Back into Reefing

Hey all...
My name is Dave...I am from Fort Collins and I am getting back into the reefing scene after a 7 year or so hiatus.

I am currently just starting to spec out my new tank...looks like I have 7 years of catching up to do on new tech....new species, and new practices. :)

I'll probably be asking a lot of stupid questions....

Starting with...does anyone know where I can get Starfire glass for a custom build? Was going to do a triangular corner tank with a Starfire front...

Also...any good cabinet makers out there? :)

Thanks for reading!
Ah...I can almost smell it....

Hi everyone. My name is Nick. My family relocated to Denver this summer from Tulsa OK. I had a 90 gallon mixed reef tank fully stocked with coral. I loved the hobby and I'm looking forward to getting going again. Only this time I want to do a 300-500 gallon. I wanted to take this opportunity to say hi and introduce myself. so.... Where are the local coral/fish stores in town? What does everyone have for tanks? Are there any details about the club? Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Thought we needed a post before 2013 ended.
I'm Jeremiah and just moved back home to co from tx.
Getting back into the hobby with a 29 gallon zoa reef tank. Added 2 oc clowns a few months back. Have always loved Zoas and their colors.
My wife keeps trying to get me to add more fish or corals...thinking a larger tank upgrade is coming soon :)

Hi, my name is CJ. I have been into saltwater for about one year now and I love it. It started with an impulse buy of a 14G biocube, I quickly moved up to a 55G fish only tank and after a year, I am finally making the switch to a 90 reef tank. I finally got the tank setup and now I'm working on getting live rock and cycling!

Welcome- Everyone that is local posts to the MASC (marine aquarium society of Colorado) website. You can go there and post to a bigger local audience.

Hi everyone!
I have been challenging myself to keep a reef tank for over 12 years. Lots of ups
and downs but still hanging in there. My tank is an Oceanic 110 gallon and I also have a freshwater perfecto 44 gallon pentagon. I thought I was going to give it all up a couple years ago but decided it would be less work to make my tank attractive again than it would be to break everything down and get rid of it. So glad I did. How long can a tank last before you have to start worrying about leaks?

New to the hobby for about a month and love it already. Always on this site to look for new ideas and reading up on the what and what not to do's. About to set up QT tank for my first fish in SW. I hope these threads are not to old now lol. I don't see many new threads in the Denver forums.

Back