Invasion

if they are stinging your zoas, and the zoas are closing up as a result...i'd nuke them. before its too late and one decides to explore other realms of your tank and reproduce.

NUKE EM NUKE EM NUKE EM!!!

Keep them out of your tank. As mentioned above, they move. All it takes is one to slip away from the colony and get into your rockwork. You haven't lived until you've had to deal with an "aiptasia like" outbreak! Many a reefer has left the hobby because of it.;)

BOMBS AWAYYYYYYYYYYY!

I removed the ones that I could and the others that are stuck in between the zoas are toast.. Thank you guys for all the help.. This little tank I put them in is kinda cool.. I see a nano happening..

Thanks again everyone...

See we don't have to KILL everything :fun2: and a good excuse to start a Nano :smokin:

i know several people with VERY LARGE systems that actually like aptasia, if they find them they put them in their refugium. its a good technique, get a big diverse set of filter feeders as well as nutrient export. :eek2:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7026557#post7026557 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reef Junkie
BS, you haven't had an aiptasia outbreak, have you? :lmao:
It's all good bro, just razzin ya.;)

well I've had my 125 up for 12years now and it has been a while but I did clear them out and now have some in a small tank. But what I would like to point out that the first reaction is to Kill anything that we are not sure about. I have found that moving something into isolation and observing it is a better way to determine if its good or bad. Case in point, purchased some additional rock about 5years ago and saw some tentacles coming out of a hole and thought it was a Marjano so I removed that piece from my tank and put it in a 10 gallon. after a month it never moved or reproduced so I watched it for a few more months long story shortend It grew into the Plate coral that my clowns now host in

I totally agree. I also have had similar experiences.
I have a colony of plating (I don't know what) that is very rare and cannot be bought anywhere. It was a small patch of nothing when I first found it, it's now a sizable colony. That was like 15 years ago. Here's the mother colony from a couple of months ago.
DSC01590.jpg

Reef Junkie, I guess you've never had an outbreak of plating whatever it is :wavehand: :lol:

:lmao:
heh, good one bro. ;)
I've had pictures of this coral up for years on this site asking for an ID, nothing yet. It's a carribean coral, it was harvested from live rock back before the ban of live rock in the early 90's.
It's not imperative that I know what it is, I'm just happy that it's alive and growing!

Well, I did frag it last year. The smaller colony has turned a rich blue with white polyps and a neon green fringe.
Sharing is for nice people... lol jk.:lmao:

Back