Is this possible????

sammie

After all the info about running ultra low nutrients for SPS is there any hope of having a shallow sand bed and lots of fish and still have SPS. I have some monitpora's and mostly LPS and a couple of leathers and they grow very fast but was thinking about adding more SPS but didn't want to kill some frags if it is unlikely they will survive.

Ideas?

If you can keep the nitrates and phosphates in check there shouldn't be a problem, I have a 90 gallon mixed reef that the sps do fine in, and I have a decently large bioload. I've never had any of my sps colonies that have been in the tank for any amount of time die on me. You'll want to run carbon though.

+1 on the issues with the leathers. You will have more trouble with the turpinates released by the leathers than a reasonable fish load.

I already run a GIANT Geo reactor with carbon, also run GFO and GEO kalk reactor for top off water. My Phos read 0.06 on the new hanna meter. Nitrates always have been very low to unmeasurable. I've got a GIANT GEO ca reactor but haven't got it on line yet as I haven't needed it . Also run a custom GEO beckett skimmer. Can you tell I live close to the GEO factory? Love his stuff. Would it do any good to run the bio pellets as I already have them and was waiting for the consinsius to come in about them.

Back