ISO sump for a 210g

IBroughtPopcorn

I am in need of a sump for my 210g. I wanted to make yesterdays pizza night but I couldn't take off work. I talked with Chad at Gateway and he only has a 55 long right now. Would I be better off with a 40b sump or the 55 long?

I would go with whatever fits under your stand best . If you have room for a 40b or a 55 long you could prolly go with a 75 but it might be a bit tall. You don't want it to be a pita to work in it for sure.

Thank you all for the advice. I thought I had a 75 but it fell through, I thought I had an acrylic sump, but it was too small as of now I am looking at a 40b and a 55g acrylic. When I get them I will look into piping them together. Or is that a horrible idea?

I'm not from St. Louis so hope you don't mind if I comment.

I went with a 40b for my sump on a 220 build and received some feedback from experience people that it wasn't large enough. I am adding a remote 75 fuge and will pipe them together. They'll be roughly level with each other and I plan on ensuring that the 75 can absorb power loss level increase and not add to it. So might only have 40gal of so running volume in the 75.

Basically, I don't see anything wrong with tying the two together. Just use redundant overflows in case one clogs.

I would get 1 big sump instead of two smaller ones. That's just me. Have a little patience and get what you want the first time. You'll be thankful you did later,trust me.

Back