Jabeo WP40 group buy.... Vorthech knockoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgoodman

I am relatively new to this board but am a member of INDMAS and am trying to get a group buy together for these powerheads. We need to get to 50 PH and we currently have 38 sold and need at least 12 more. It seems it will take about 30-45 days for them to come in and be shipped out to everyone.

So I sent a email to this company for our local club about doing a group buy. The response was surprising for unit cost. Here is the response and I just sent an email back asking for shipping on 50 heads, With time change figure it will be late tonight or early morning before I get response. But $40 a headhas sure got my attention no matter how long they last, they cant be worse than Hydor's.

Dear Shane,

My name is Wystan from Jebao,nice to know you ;
The FOB unit price is about USD40, the MOQ is 50pcs,
and the shipping cost will depend on the order qty ,and by air or by express?
The lead time is about 35days and we have one year warranty for our product,
thanks!

Sincerely
Wystan
Jiebao Co. Ltd.
Tongmao Industrial Park Dongsheng Town, Zhongshan City,Guangdong Pro,China
Tel:+86-760-22212304

Shipping is $850 for 50 units and makes total cost to Indianapolis $58 per unit. Only additional cost would be if you can not pick up in Indianapolis, I would have to ship to you and that would be what ever shipping is. I am not trying to make any money on this and am being up front with all cost.

Editor Review : Testing with Jebo WP-40, silent than the Vortech MP40, and the flow stream is simliar. And the Magnet Mount can 360Degree rotation, better fixed bracket with the Vortech MP-40. Night sensor is a GIFT, will affect by high output HQI. Compare with the price is 1st choice for budget use

Feature

Easy installation and maintenace, fixed with magnetic suction
6 Different Mode. Max 13000L / 4300L / 6500L / 3 type of Reef Stream Mode(Similar Vortech function) Feed Mode / Night Mode Include
Direction of wave can be arbitrary rotation 360
High performance, powerful water flow and low energy consumption
Adopt warproof ceramic shaft can be used in long time
Intelligent control system, can covert various wave patterns
Low voltage operation, safe and reliable 24V 12W to 40W Power
Suitable for Fresh and Marine water use

Mode

H: Maximum flow fixed-made stream mode (13000L)

L: 1/3 of the maximum flow fixed flow made ​​to flow mode (4300L)

W1: classic mode of making waves (Wavebox Function)

Different type of the tank need to apply different type of the setting:

Adustable the controller on the wavelength is sameas the Tank Size(Long), when the Wave same as the Tank Length is suitable. Revise the clockware button as you need to reduce the wave. When change the setting require at least 10mins to verify if you change the controller button. Watch and try to adjust the best wavelength on your tank

W2,W3(Reef Stream Mode with Adjsutable): ordinary fixed program made ​​stream made ​​wave mode;

This two modes by means of the knob to change the the fixed program's effect, need to be adjusted according to the creatures in the water

W3(Reef Stream Mode): Indefinite program cause stream made ​​wave mode;

According to the aquatic adjustment knob to change indefinite program effects;

Feeding Mode : Press the "FEED" button once, "10min" (blue lights) stop the wavemaker after 10 minutes made ​​waves pump start again. Or direct press the Feed button to back to Normal

Lock knob parameters function: long press the "FEED" key until the "LOCK" red indicator light already locked knob parameter adjustment knob does not change the wave shape. The purpose is to prevent wave after a good tune(Save setting), inadvertently knob again to change the wave-shaped. To unlock to tune waves, long press the "FEED" key until the red indicator light is off you can;

Night Mode (Add one function): It's have a sensor on the controller. When you connection to the night sensor on the controller, it will Add on night mode function

When it dark detect with sensor, it will slow down all the stream on the controller mode function, with a half of the power operation.

The Night Mode add in new function not include on the warranty if the sensor damage(it will affect or damage with the high output of the HQI/ LED system.)

Specification

Power 110V to 240V 50/60Hz
Watt: 12W to 40W on different mode (Max 13000L)
Size : 9.4cm x 12cm
EU / UK / AU / US Pin Provides
Power Cable 160cm Long(Extenable), Pump to controller cable for 190cm Long

Jebo WP-40 Compare with Vortech MP-40 Pump

Good Product with good price

Last edited:
I am going to through out my disclaimer now....

I will be up front on every cost and will post all correspondence between me and Jabeo Co. and a copy of the TT paperwork showing that I sent the money but, If something happens that the product is not shipped and or there is warranty work needed... I am not responsible!!! if that is acceptable, I am willing to donate my time and energy to make this happen.

Pump $40
Freight to US/Indianapolis $850 comes out to $17 a piece
TT fee for wiring the money $1 per head. My bank charges a flat fee of $50 for international no matter how much needs to be sent

For a total of $58 for pick up.....

The main selling points of the vortech pumps are:

1: The motor is outside of the tank
2: The intake water is brought in closer to, and parallel with the tank wall allowing higher and more linear flow.
3: They allow for wireless syncing of multiple vortech pumps.

Truthfully though; if I bought one of the Chinese pumps and it lasted a year at that price I really couldn't complain, I just wouldn't consider it anything remotely close to a Vortech knock-off.

Yeah, no one said it was a Vortech replacement but is a comparable Powerhead at a much lower price point.

When your comparing a $58 shipped PH to a $464.99 Vortech PH so you cannot expect all the R&D/Features of the Vortech but for that price you just paid for 8 WP40s.

That being said, when I pay for a premium pump like the Vortech I should not have to consistently add dry sides like all of us Vortech owners know happens all too frequently. I'm planning on just using these Powerheads on frag system(s) and the MP40s and MP60s will be on my DT.

Yeah, no one said it was a Vortech replacement but is a comparable Powerhead at a much lower price point.

When your comparing a $58 shipped PH to a $464.99 Vortech PH so you cannot expect all the R&D/Features of the Vortech but for that price you just paid for 8 WP40s.

That being said, when I pay for a premium pump like the Vortech I should not have to consistently add dry sides like all of us Vortech owners know happens all too frequently. I'm planning on just using these Powerheads on frag system(s) and the MP40s and MP60s will be on my DT.

I agree for the most part, I will say that I've had a lot better luck with the newer wet sides, never had a problem with dry sides other than replacing bearings in the earlier ones to quiet them down. The tech that allows for the motor to be on the outside of the tank also puts more pressure on the bearings due to them having to be magnetically linked through the glass.

I plan on running two MP60's and two MP40's on my new tank but I'm really considering ordering a couple of these chinese pumps for prop tanks. They seem to be getting some good reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back