JBJ 28 Gallon Nano Owners Club

try to get them to give you square pinned light holders, they come straight and i would have loved to use the dual actinic 460/420nm bulbs instead of the straight 420's.

I have a HQI as well and was wondering if you can put in T5 instead of PC's? I was hoping I can have the HQI run 4 hours a day (12-4pm) and have the T5 run (9-12pm , 4-7pm) to conserve on energy/heat.

I guess 24" is the smallest they come, too bad. I've heard great things about t5ho. I'm just starting to get back into reefing in a smaller scale and it amazing the stuff ppl use these days (led, gfo, carbon, etc.) and the amount of aquacultured stuff available.

the pc's do a great job of bluing up the tank and providing light when you don't want to run the MH. you could also get a combo actinic/white bulb too.

I guess 24" is the smallest they come, too bad. I've heard great things about t5ho. I'm just starting to get back into reefing in a smaller scale and it amazing the stuff ppl use these days (led, gfo, carbon, etc.) and the amount of aquacultured stuff available.

Check nanotuners/nanocustoms, they're working on a 12" version

Nice tank, seems to be a lot of corals in there. How many fish if you don't mind me asking? My wish list of fish and corals is pretty long and I wonder what my tank capacity is for livestock.

My jbj 28 gal LED tank has cycled after 10 weeks of nothing but 7 lbs live rock and 25 +/- dry rock and combo live and dry sand plus half a raw shrimp.

I think I've been going slow enough, ordering fish today from DD.

Check nanotuners/nanocustoms, they're working on a 12" version

I remember back in the day Nanocustoms offered a 10" or 11" actinic T5 for the nanocube dx upgrade. I had two that linked together. Never found replacement bulbs for them tho.

Hi guys, just wondering what would be better in the nano cube: a Vortech mp10 or mp20? Would the mp20 be too powerful? Will it blow the fine sand around? Any input is greatly appreciated!

I've got an MP20 in mine dialed all they way up on lagoon mode and still added a second powerhead to improve flow

I just posted this info in my tank chronicle on another forum but I thought I'd cut and paste it here and share it with you guys as well.

I picked up an Apex Lite controller for the Nano but it has been sitting in the box for about 2 weeks. I've been pretty busy lately but finally found a little time to install it so I thought I'd post some pics. I've also been meaning to post a pic of the new ATO container I ordered. I had been looking for a slim HDPE container that wouldn't take up a lot of space in the stand. Seems to be working out great so far. Evap is so low it has lasted over two weeks without a refill so far.

Here's the top section of the stand with the controller power strip installed and all components plugged in.

5213f4aa.jpg

And here's the bottom section, I ended up mounting the LED ballast down there and put the ATO container there as well.

412190a2.jpg

Here's the top and bottom before I put anything else in the stand and before the Apex display module.

b21760a6.jpg

Here's a shot of the whole thing completed with the display module installed. I made a plastic bracket for the display module mount which worked out okay but I may end up modifying it a little.

a9bef74e.jpg

And one last one, a close up of the top section of the stand with the display module.

137aed69.jpg

Where did you get that container and what pump are you running in it?
I got it here and it was super cheap, only about $5 plus $5 more for shipping so $10 to my door. And the best part about the container is that it's HDPE, the #2 recycle material which his the same stuff the 5gal salt buckets are made of so there's no leaching of any bad stuff into the RO/DI.
I'm running a simple $15 Tom's Aqualifter pump which you can kind of see in the photos above. It's mounted just behind the ATO control box and to the left of the Apex outlet module on a plastic shelf I made for it. Because of the height the pump has to move the water up to, it's pretty much just a fast drip but that's perfectly adequate for such small tanks IMHO.

Back