JBJ ATO Question

chrisfont23

Reef Monster
Came home today and noticed a snail had climbed onto a sensor in my sump, forcing it to sit in the on position, causing the pump to run and add too much water to my sump. It overflowed. Mess. Whole disaster ensued. I have since learned my lesson and cast the snails back to the DT and covered the sensors "boxes" with pond netting. Again, lesson learned.

My question is this. I run two sensors. The first sits in the return of the sump and triggers the pump on at low water level and the second in the reservoir and triggers the pump off at low water level in the res to prevent it from running dry. If I take the one out of the reserve, flip it upside down and create a high water level in the sump, will this work and will it prevent this kind of thing from happening? Anyone every done this?

Thx

There's a drawing on the box you don't need to flip the second sensor over just switch your ato to mode B and the second sensor will be a high level limit in your return section.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

eqaqa4e4.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I run mine like your asking. If u flip the reserve sensor, and put it in the return section. the lower one will run on and off and the upper one will act as an emergency off

Back