Jebao DC-1200 skimmer pump dead. Replace pump or skimmer?

SquareReefer

Hi all, new member here that is setting up a new to me 60 gallon cube with 20 gallon sump.

The Jebao pump (model DC-1200) in my Coral Box DC500 skimmer seems to have died tonight. I came home to find the middle led on the pump controller blinking and the pump not running. I have pulled everything apart and cleaned but no luck. Has anyone seen this before and perhaps can offer a fix?

Assuming the pump is dead - I am torn between ordering a new DC-1200 from China (can not find a US supplier for this model) and being without a skimmer for 8-10 days or buying a whole new skimmer that does not rely on specialized Jebao pumps. Thoughts?

Having my sump as quiet as possible is very important to me so sticking with the DC pump is appealing. If i decide to go with a new skimmer can anyone recommend a fairly quiet unit suitable for a 60 gallon tank?

They have the regular DC-1200 on Amazon, you would probably just need to swap the impeller if I had to guess.

They have the regular DC-1200 on Amazon, you would probably just need to swap the impeller if I had to guess.

Thank you! All of the ones that I could find on Amazon showed a delivery date weeks out (assuming that means over seas shipping). I was able to find one one Ebay that should be here in a few days. I was in a total panic last night over not having a skimmer running on the tank. However, after reading a lot of post here I realize that while not ideal, the tank will likely be okay. Thankfully I have not moved coral yet so there is a very light bioload of 2 small clownfish and a firefish for now.

Back