Jebao DC6000

paperdesk

I bought a Jebao DC-6000 to use as the return pump in my sump. It looks like a really nice pump, however, I've run into a little issue. I can't hook it up to my return line!

I thought the output was NPT, and the female barb fitting cover (don't know what it's called, but it screws into the male threads on the pump to hold the barb adapter in place) can thread into a male PVC thread adapter. However, it turns out that a female thread adapter does not thread onto the male output on the pump.

I figured that if I bought flex PCV I could use the barb fittings, but the included fittings are either too large or too small.

How can I get this think hooked up? :headwally:

Ted

doesn't it come with two sets of connectors? one for metric/European and and American PVC. if you got it used, maybe its missing some parts.

It came with three connectors, one that is way too small, one that is just a little too small, and one that is just enough too large that I can't seem to make it work. I tried running the flex in hot water to soften it up enough to stretch it on, but no luck so far.

My flex is standard 1" ID PCV and works with regular glue fittings.

get a threaded adapter coupler to the top of the pump then get a barb fitting that is the size you need and screw it in.

thread must be faulty. do you have another PVC fitting? rule out its not the PVC don't force it. and if its still not working you know its the pump thread

I wish I were closer to town, or I'd have already been in to check that the thread adapter isn't bad. I'm hoping that is the problem and will check as soon as possible. Odd that it won't screw onto the inlet or outlet, seems they wouldn't have two defective threads on one pump, so maybe it is the adapter.

Good news, it turned out to be a problem with the thread adapter, not the pump :) Still not sure why the barb fitting doesn't work, but I'm guessing it would work with 1 1/4 flex.

Back