Jebao dosing pump for kalkwasser

jemw

Is anyone using the Jebao dosing pump for dosing kalkwasser? If so please provide details.

I Debated between the jebao and the ice cap dosing pump for kalk but ended up choosing ice cap based on reviews and so far im very happy... so easy to program and now my alk./cal. are stable, unlike relying on evaporation/ato...

I have the Jebao and it does the job. But the programming is a bit "manual" - not a problem if you don't change dosing amounts often.
Also, the smallest single dosing amount you can program is 1 mL.

Just out of curiosity but why don't you do kalk with an ATO ? I think if your gonna do kalk this is a good method to get the job done, I have been using this for years with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just food for thought. I have the jeboa doser. Dosing cal, alk, mag & nopox. I use kalk in my ato running of floats and an aqualifter pump. Works well for me.

Just out of curiosity but why don't you do kalk with an ATO ? I think if your gonna do kalk this is a good method to get the job done, I have been using this for years with no problems.

My ATO reservoir is a 5 gallon tank only 3 inches wide (space constraint) which makes it virtually impossible to clean. I tried adding kalsawater to it and the panel for water visibility immediately was obscured. I can't imagine what it would be like after long term use. So I have the doser and thought it would be a better solution.

I don't think you'd have to put the kalk straight into your top-off. Just have your top-off get pulled through the kalk container.

I assume you already have some way of keeping the kalk stirred.

I use a TLF kalk reactor in line from my ATO and works great. Everything is stable and my ATo reservoir is clean as can be.

I use a TLF kalk reactor in line from my ATO and works great. Everything is stable and my ATo reservoir is clean as can be.

I purchased the equivalent from Tunze - however it is only recommended to be used in the actual ATO reservoir. Mine is much too small (3" wide)

I have jebao dosing pump 1 and 2 pulling from their own 5 gallon jugs (UN stacking eBay ones). Each dosing head doses every 2 hours, so basically alk is dosed every hour alternating between pumps. I also have an ATO but don't add kalk to it as evaporation rates vary and I want ALk to be stable, which it is with my set up. If doing this check to make sure your kalk isn't dosing more than you are evaporating so your tank doesn't overflow.

I've been running Kalkwasser for over 13years using Randys Resevoir method.

Kalkwasser can be your best friend and also your worst enemy. I personally would not run kalkwasser from auto top ( definately not one that is water level based ) or dosing pump that is completely autonomous even if time based. I require some sort of controller that has a fail safe of shutting off the pump or in this case the whole jebao ( even though you can program it ) at pH of 8.6 or higher.

While 99.9% of the time it will work as expect but it just takes once for catastrophe.

I use jebao doser plugged into my apex. This way if for some reason it fails and continues to dose the kalk the ph would rise dramatically and I have the jebao outlet on the apex set to;
If PH> 8.5 then OFF
WHICH WILL TURN OFF THE DOSER IN CASE OF FAILURE IN THE ON POSITION.
Just what I do anyways.
Cheers

Back