Jebao/Jecod Doser: Who has/had one?

ReefWhatYouSow

We all know you get what you pay for but I wanted to see what everyone's experience has been with the Jebao Dosers?

I heard that they made some adjustments to the dosers in the Jecod box. Please comment on your experience; durability, ease of use and programming, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a DP4 and love it. Very easy to calibrate and have it in use for about a year now without issues. I have no complains on any of my Jebao gear.

I have a DP4 and love it. Very easy to calibrate and have it in use for about a year now without issues. I have no complains on any of my Jebao gear.

That's great to hear Manny. I know some people have complained about the programming but I think they expected something totally different. I've also heard of the bottom button now working but that was when they first came out. I haven't been able to find issues online about the newer ones. I'm glad to hear that you haven't had any problems in a year though.

I have one, programming was a bit of a pain due to the limited interface, but once it is set up, adjusting the programming is easy.

It runs reliably, the only problem I have had was a clogged or split tube in one of the pump heads after about 6 months, but the device came with a spare so I just swapped it in.

I was told the performance was similar to devices that cost 3x as much when I bought it.

I have a dp4. I also have a kamoer and have had ghl in the past.
The Jebao is very much you get what you pay for. It so far has worked without issue. It was easy enough to calibrate.
Only major issue is the software. You can dose I think 24 times a day. Problem is you have to set the times. You have to manually add up every dose amount to know what you are actually dosing. Sounds picky for sure but its a pain on larger tanks.
Like I said it does work and so far it works well. I will be purchasing another GHL very soon and moving my Kamoer to my wifes tank and the Jebao will go.
Hard to beat if you are on a budget.

I have a dp4. I also have a kamoer and have had ghl in the past.
The Jebao is very much you get what you pay for. It so far has worked without issue. It was easy enough to calibrate.
Only major issue is the software. You can dose I think 24 times a day. Problem is you have to set the times. You have to manually add up every dose amount to know what you are actually dosing. Sounds picky for sure but its a pain on larger tanks.
Like I said it does work and so far it works well. I will be purchasing another GHL very soon and moving my Kamoer to my wifes tank and the Jebao will go.
Hard to beat if you are on a budget.

It definitely sounds worth a shot. I need to get this dosing going and I'm having trouble setting up the dosers with the apex. I would rather just buy one of these.

I've read other reviews that said similar things in regards to the programming. Know after I set up every hour of dosing for each pump is it easier to make adjustments going forward?

I have many in service. The only issue I have had is after accidentally dropping it in the sump. I have had other brands at over twice the price that had shorter life spans.

It is never any easier. It only gets to be more involved as you add more times you dose.
It also does not auto offset times when each pump doses. This is a 100% manual program doser.
You mention having trouble with apex dos? Do you have one already? Maybe I/we can help with that?

I don't have an Apex Dos but I hooked up two brs dosers to my Apex. Programmed both the same, yet one stayed on constantly while the other followed the schedule. I assumed that the outlet was stuck on so I switched the two dosers positions. What was weird is that the same doser stayed running continuously, not following the program of the other outlet. Pretty confused over here. Hence why I'm looking at alternatives. If I don't figure things out I'm going to start losing things soon. I'm already starting to see some downhill movement with my very low dkh.

It definitely sounds worth a shot. I need to get this dosing going and I'm having trouble setting up the dosers with the apex. I would rather just buy one of these.

I've read other reviews that said similar things in regards to the programming. Know after I set up every hour of dosing for each pump is it easier to make adjustments going forward?

Yes. Once you set it up for the first time, adjusting the ml is super easy.

If you unplugged directly from the apex and just switched outlets I would think you are siphoning.
Can you copy and paste both programs here ?

A Doser is the very last thing I'd ever try and save a few bucks on. Thousands of doallrs in corals to a $75 Doser, just doesn't make sense to me.

I've read a million horror stories on these dosers. I owned one for about 4 days and it lost calibration within 2 days. That was enough for me to spend the money for quality.

GHL only for me.

Back