Jebao Powerheads

griss

RC Mod
Staff member
RC Mod
I’m currently running 2 in Master/Slave mode. Searched the internet and not finding an answer to the following question.

Can you run more than two (in the same tank) in Master/Slave mode? If so, how does that work?

Chewy has the SOW-20s on sale and I ordered 2 yesterday,

To my knowledge you can have multiple slaves but can’t have multiple masters…yeesh that came out wrong but not sure how to reword it 🤦

Anyway this might help:
IMG_2049.jpeg

I have 6 of the SOW-20s and you can have multiple pumps link to one.

So, does the Master come on and all the Slaves go off? Or how does it work with more than 2?

You set one as master and the rest on slave mode. When you adjust the modes on the master the slaves will adjust their mode to the same. You have to adjust the speed on each individually though.

They really do put out some serious flow. This is 4 of them on wave mode(speed 4 out of 10). Good standing wave on a 8x4 tank.

You set one as master and the rest on slave mode. When you adjust the modes on the master the slaves will adjust their mode to the same. You have to adjust the speed on each individually though.
Maybe I'm asking the wrong question. What mode are you running them in?

I currently have two running in my tank now. Off the top of my head I can't remember which mode I'm using but, when master is on, the slave is off. Then, slave comes on and master turns off.

What I don't understand is, if I add two more slaves what happens? When the master is on, will all three slaves be off and when the master turns off, all three slaves will come on? Or, does it just cycle the four powerheads randomly. Or, do I use a different mode?
They really do put out some serious flow. This is 4 of them on wave mode(speed 4 out of 10). Good standing wave on a 8x4 tank.

That's some serious flow, awesome. I currently have two, PP-8 (I think) and recently picked up two SOW-20s for when the upgrade happens.

Maybe I'm asking the wrong question. What mode are you running them in?

I have them in the first wave mode(W1). I haven't noticed them cycling on and off separately. They seem in sync with each other. I will check it tonight and confirm that.

What I don't understand is, if I add two more slaves what happens? When the master is on, will all three slaves be off and when the master turns off, all three slaves will come on? Or, does it just cycle the four powerheads randomly. Or, do I use a different mode?

I have only tried constant and W1 so far with these. They all seem to be on together and in sync. I will try other modes tonight. When I change the modes with the master then the slave pumps mirror the master, mode.

and recently picked up two SOW-20s for when the upgrade happens.

Nice! They put out some serious flow. What is funny is the box says for nano tanks.... :oops:

Back