Jebao RW-8 Review

As my tanks are in wall, and the maintenance room is in the dark most of the day, I am questioning the necessity of night mode. IYO, is the RW series worth the extra $$ over the wp series?

I say it is. The RW-8's are really simple to use and while you do have two controllers instead of just one, the controllers seem to be a bit more functional. Like IIRC the WP-25 controller does not have the light sensor built in for night mode and instead you have to install it separate. That and from what I gather they improved on the RW over the WP series. Namely I think the RW is a tad smaller and gives a bit more flow.

My understanding is that it gives the corals a better chance to feed. I use night mode in my 7095

Pretty well right D. At least that is what I can figure from reading broken english lol.

Yes I understand what it does. I don't understand why people would want to lower the flow at night.

I use mode W1 on the RW-8, which creates plenty of wave action that hits my overflow and creates a splashing sound. So I like the night mode because it automatically changes the mode to constant, reduces the pumps speed, which quiets my tank in the evening which helps me sleep better at night.

Replaced my wp40s with rw15s tonight. I Iike the broad flow much better in the cube. If I had a long tank I'd probably stick with the wp40s. The wireless feature is super easy to set up. Ecotech could take some lessons from jebao on ease of use and intuitive setup. I had them synced and running in counter flow mode in about 30 seconds without even pulling the instructions out of the box.

So I have had these running for about a month now and thought I would post my thoughts. I LOVE THEM! I have had zero issues with them after that initial startup push thing. They run great and the feed mode is super handy for (you guessed it!) feeding as well as light cleaning. I have them still dialed way down and get TONS of movement in my tank and it seems as if the wave pattern has helped prevent the dead zones I had issues with before. My corals also seem happier with better flow and it is fun to watch my fishes play in front of the powerheads. I have not had any issues to speak of and really like my purchase.

If I may add to this - it's pointless if you have your fuge light on at night and the sensors are in the same spot.

Yes I understand what it does. I don't understand why people would want to lower the flow at night.

Back