July Meeting

tank o tang

Thread Lurker
As the June BBQ is rapidly approaching anyone want to toss out some ideas for July? Some options that come to mind are captains cove, some kind of diy workshop (food, 2-part, rocks, retro lighting, and I'm sure there are a ton more we can think of), someone can ask their favorite lfs to host (Exotic Fish and Coral in Milford held our April meeting), we can try to hook something up with Maritime Center,etc, etc, etc. So lets hear some ideas.

Just asking again if anyone has a preference for july? If noone has any, we will be headed to captains cove in bridgeport the second or third weekend.

I really like the idea of going to norwalk and trying to see if they will give us a behind the scenes tour of the maritime center for one of our meetings. But if we cant get it set-up for July, then capt's cove sounds good.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15198860#post15198860 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Wheel of Time
I really like the idea of going to norwalk and trying to see if they will give us a behind the scenes tour of the maritime center for one of our meetings.
I'm in complete agreement about that being WAY cool. But we might think about waiting until our attendance becomes more predictable. I'd hate to get work up a favor to get the behind-the-scenes tour and have less than a decent number show for it.

A consideration worth pondering...

I think it is definitely worth looking into but think it would be a little hard to swing for July. If it does work out we can always have 2 July meetings. For one of them lets do Captains Cove Sunday July 19th, from 1pm till we leave. If we can schedule something else that will be a great bonus for the month of July.

Captains Cove has a bar upstairs and small restaurant with a back deck that looks over the harbor. Hope to see everyone there.

Last edited:
Back