Just got these and wow...

Zoalander

I just put them in my tank 1 hour ago.

Picture037.jpg

They are still opening, I will post a pic tomorrow when they are all open, I just couldn't wait.

Those are gonna look great......Keep us posted on the out come of the colony opening, that's a pic I wanna see.

Here is an update. My camera for some reason can't capture a clear image.

Picture039.jpg

Picture044.jpg

They are under 10K MH with 96 watt of actinics. After I get the courage up I'll frag a piece and see what they look like under 20K lighting.

Wow, nice score... they look just like the Platinum Red PE's I got from fragglereef.com.... Mind if I ask where you scored those at?

platinumredPPEs.jpg

I had to shell out a small fortune for 4 polyps

Plat_Red_PE.jpg

It was a package deal so I couldn't really tell you how much the zoos were. It was a ton cheaper then buying them anywhere else.

I think those were mine at one time and I bet I know who Jimmy got them from. If they are mine they are the same ones fragglerock got his from. I can trace how fragglerock got his also. At least I am pretty sure about that. I got them wild.

They are probaly sixth generation minimum. Ultra colorful and super fast growers. You will love them. Under bluer lighting or lower in the tank they get deep red. Under high light they get real bright orange. They are my favorite. First two pics are a friends under diff lighting. Last two are mine. I am going to let these grow across the bottom of my tank or at the very least one whole side wall. Here is what you have to look forward to. Like I said you will love them.
021305017.jpg

021305009.jpg

mystuff228.jpg

mystuff029.jpg

Gooch Thank You so much for the Info. I'm glad they are fast growers, they have become my prized possessions. I have them in a 55 with moderate flow, 1 mandarin, and only snails. I didn't want to risk anything eating them.

About 90% mysid shrimp. And I mix up CE and brine shrimp once in a while. I also add selcon to the food about once a week. All are frozen. I do see them take the mysid but not actually sure if they are eating it. I do not wait around to see if they digest it.

nice zoas, I feed two little fishies PhytoPlan & ZoPlan and dose Reef Solutions. Want to Try the new DTs oyster eggs heard zoas love the stuff. :thumbsup:

I like the top down pics here is a recent one of mine

67441Zoa_combo_frag-med.JPG

Back