Just my opinion

snake1

Premium Member
Can reef central update it's format or layout to more of 2017 style it kinda seems like it's more of a 90s or 00s platform. Its ridiculous to even try to upload pictures on here to start a thread or post something for sale I will not deal with photobucket and their fake virus warnings and running ads constantly and honestly to download other programs to upload pictures is more crap to fill my phone up thats not needed. I remember a while back I would start a thread on here and the next day my thread was already on page 2 just from the traffic now I look and my thread from 5 days ago is still on the first page. Its like this site is dying and everyone is moving on to Facebook where it's so much easier to post and view items and post. I really like reef central will you please fix this. IDK maybe I'm just the only that see this.

Can reef central update it's format or layout to more of 2017 style it kinda seems like it's more of a 90s or 00s platform. Its ridiculous to even try to upload pictures on here to start a thread or post something for sale I will not deal with photobucket and their fake virus warnings and running ads constantly and honestly to download other programs to upload pictures is more crap to fill my phone up thats not needed. I remember a while back I would start a thread on here and the next day my thread was already on page 2 just from the traffic now I look and my thread from 5 days ago is still on the first page. Its like this site is dying and everyone is moving on to Facebook where it's so much easier to post and view items and post. I really like reef central will you please fix this. IDK maybe I'm just the only that see this.
I couldnt agree more. I really miss all the action here. I hate doing it on fb because it seems like i dont get notification until a post is a day old. I will say that using taptalk to post pics here is the only way to go. I feel sorry for anyone trying to post a pic here from a computer. What a nightmare. Seems RC is going away yet the other popular reef site seems to be doing well. I miss all the input from everyone and then when you met some one at some frag sale or LFS you have no idea who they are until they say i am " such and such from RC" and your like ohhhh ya i have talked to you many times.
There is probably no way to get that back but it sure would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I couldnt agree more. I really miss all the action here. I hate doing it on fb because it seems like i dont get notification until a post is a day old. I will say that using taptalk to post pics here is the only way to go. I feel sorry for anyone trying to post a pic here from a computer. What a nightmare. Seems RC is going away yet the other popular reef site seems to be doing well. I miss all the input from everyone and then when you met some one at some frag sale or LFS you have no idea who they are until they say i am " such and such from RC" and your like ohhhh ya i have talked to you many times.
There is probably no way to get that back but it sure would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

As much as I would rather be on here vs Facebook I will say all you have to do is hit the post a pic button and it brings me to my gallery and I hit post and that's it. I know all of you know how it works but maybe the IT department will see the sarcasm and the proof that people are not as active on here and do something.

You’re spot on man. It’s really why I rarely visit here anymore. I don’t even bother put up FS, just list on Fb and be done with it.

Shame because I do spend a lot of time on the other site these days.

I just use tapatalk and no issues at all with posting pics. I do go to the other reef site but just because all the vendors are there doing their live sales and giveaways, ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm tankless now for almost a year and I still visit reef central daily and Facebook reef pages but I have really noticed a huge decline in the last few months almost to a halt on our Tampa bay reef club page. But Facebook pages are constantly moving I can't keep up with my post on there.

I use the forum app and can attach pics straight to the site, much easier.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I agree 100%, I find myself visiting other reef related forums more often than this one and I feel really bad about it because this used to be my home for reef related questions and advise. I even notice that some of the sponsors have left and gone to the other reef related forum that we shall not name. They use to mention ReefCentral all the time and now they went with the other site.

I hope someone from the development team reads this and takes action.

RC has been dying a slow death. The only thing keeping it going is the fact that some many hobbyists are already here. R2R is a much more current platform.

LOL this is too funny. I bet you were trying to type the name of that other reef related forum, but the filters replaced it with "clay-boa" because they cannot be mentioned here. LOL

Had to try it. Totally agree. The issue I have with fB is that I just feel that the quality of users ismt as good. What I mean is that I never worried about meeting up with people from in here, but I do have some reservations with some FB peeps for some reason, not really sure why too, which is strange because there is more transparency on FB...shrug.

Had to try it. Totally agree. The issue I have with fB is that I just feel that the quality of users ismt as good. What I mean is that I never worried about meeting up with people from in here, but I do have some reservations with some FB peeps for some reason, not really sure why too, which is strange because there is more transparency on FB...shrug.

I agree with the OP but I mainly subscribed to this post because I wanted to see what the powers that be would say about this. Not one comment so far.... Interesting.

LOL. Lets filter out he name of an amazing resource for hobbyists and try to pretend that it doesnt exist. Like everyone cant just find it anyway.

Ive read that the owners of RC arent really interested in the hobby or the community and are more interested in turning a profit from ad-revenue and sponsorship. Just an opinion I guess.

Well here's my take.

Go to the other site and get banned for any thing you disagree with or say a semi bad word, or even a little bit of attitude. They take the whole "œnice pc stuff" wayyyy to serious. Sneeze wrong and offend someone, banned!

Not talking from experience lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL this is too funny. I bet you were trying to type the name of that other reef related forum, but the filters replaced it with "clay-boa" because they cannot be mentioned here. LOL

Even funnier is that if you type clay-boa into google, you get a post on that site talking about RC filter that changes their name to clay-boa. They find it funny.

Back