Just my opinion

I agree with the tapering off here. But , We still have a wealth of information on here with the search function. Still a good site. Just needs a few upgrades !

RC is locked into vBulletin for their platform which is written in 00's tech (PHP, MySQL) and hasn't had a major release in over 5 years...

To migrate to a different platform would be a MAJOR (and expensive) undertaking...

I agree with the tapering off here. But , We still have a wealth of information on here with the search function. Still a good site. Just needs a few upgrades !

I agree. Its great for info. The large amount of people who have left the hobby does not help. How do we get it going again? I mean is it really the platform? Or have we just found FB that much simpler. The other site has a couple Tampa base groups but they are dead also

Here is my take, fwiw. No longer is there an updated totm, something that inspired me to go to the site and see the tank selected, with a good write up. Seeing that new pic on main page was something I looked forward to with anticipation. Not anymore, gone, same boring totm pic for a year now. Without a doubt the community on the most popular forum now is fun, friendly, caters to sponsors, supports reef conventions, and is user friendly. Honestly it seems the local forums here, are mainly selling forums, so I lurk these days, like I lurk on CL, to perhaps find a deal. The mods are spread thin now, likely cuts in those budgets, going on 12 years as a member and would love to see RC return to #1 :) Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Here is my take, fwiw. No longer is there an updated totm, something that inspired me to go to the site and see the tank selected, with a good write up. Seeing that new pic on main page was something I looked forward to with anticipation. Not anymore, gone, same boring totm pic for a year now. Without a doubt the community on the most popular forum now is fun, friendly, caters to sponsors, supports reef conventions, and is user friendly. Honestly it seems the local forums here, are mainly selling forums, so I lurk these days, like I lurk on CL, to perhaps find a deal. The mods are spread thin now, likely cuts in those budgets, going on 12 years as a member and would love to see RC return to #1 :) Cheers and Happy Holidays!

I miss the Santa hat on the home page Sohal every year.
:sad2:

Its not 2002 Aaron. ;-)

We used to have good conversations and debates of course. We read books and discussed them. We didn't read the last guys post and swear it as gospel. Things have surely changed.

I won't talk any more crap. I went to the other site on the local forums page and it is worse than here. 3 posts from months ago.

Back