Just started to cycle

lashoskin

How long does it take for the Ammonia to show? Should my take be at a certain temp? What's the best method to get the Ammonia to show up.

Do you have bacteria and starter fish in there? The ammonia is produced from the cycling fish and the bacteria breaks it down

Do not use live fish. It is very cruel and painful for the fish. Either use pure ammonia, or chop up a piece of shrimp. I just started another tank yesterday and used ammonia with a bottle of Dr Tim`s One and Only. You can raise the temp up to 83-84 to speed thing up a bit.

Do not use live fish. It is very cruel and painful for the fish. Either use pure ammonia, or chop up a piece of shrimp. I just started another tank yesterday and used ammonia with a bottle of Dr Tim`s One and Only. You can raise the temp up to 83-84 to speed thing up a bit.

+1
use pure ammonia, you can get that at Ace hardware. I used Bio Spira for bacteria and it brought my ammonia from 2ppm to 0.25 in 24hrs.

the use of Dr. Tim's requires that you add live fish within 24 hrs of dosing it....so as per the manufacture it is safe to add live fish when using their product....

Dr. Tim's One and Only is available for freshwater and for saltwater aquariums and is designed to quickly establish a biofilter in your newly set up aquarium, so that your fish do not experience New Tank Syndrome (NTS). NTS occurs when the water contains high levels of ammonia and nitrite and there are no beneficial bacteria to process it, resulting in fish loss. One and Only contains species of ammonia- and nitrite-oxidizing bacteria that prefer to live in the aquarium environment. One and Only will maintain ammonia and nitrite below toxic concentrations and establish a fully functioning biological filter in much less time than a similar but non-dosed aquarium.

Add One and Only after the aquarium has been set up. Be sure the water has reached the proper temperature and has been dechlorinated. Start the filter and make sure it is functioning, and then add One & Only. Add fish within 24 hours of adding One and Only nitrifying bacteria.

Keep in mind that some basic rules about new aquariums will still apply, but One & Only will dramatically reduce the time it takes to cycle your aquarium. After initial dosing, you will be able to safely add one medium-sized fish per gallon. You might detect a little ammonia or nitrite for a day or so but this will quickly disappear. You can then add more fish to the aquarium.

Back