Kenya tree split?

Chriss614

I just found this little guy on my sand bed.
bcecadd2511eb408ef11e7b12468fe1f.jpg

Did he come from my Kenya tree? Do they split or something?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

How big was the parent before it started dropping? Would love a pic if possible. Thanks
Sure, I'll grab one when I get home. Im surprised it's dropping because I got it as a little $5 frag like 3 months ago into a brand new tank.

Yes they do drop babies. My Kenyan tree has dropped two babies in two weeks. I'm Woundering how bad this is going to turn out. I may give my brother in law a few for his tank. That way I won't be the only one overrun with them.

Here's my Kenya, mind you it is alittle shrunken because I had just quickly turned the whites on, while there were in the night cycle, to take the picture.
d02f0fba19d7eb678e8247a44536700f.jpg

Yep, that one is about 3X the size of mine (nice $5 frag). Mine has only added about 25% in 10 months and has NOT dropped any babies. It seems happy-just not getting big quickly.

Yep, that one is about 3X the size of mine (nice $5 frag). Mine has only added about 25% in 10 months and has NOT dropped any babies. It seems happy-just not getting big quickly.
Maybe your water is "too clean" I have noticed that when nutrients are alittle high it seems to look healthiest.

Interesting. How big was your frag 3 months ago compared to it's current size?

I have an extremely low bio 15 gallon nano. No fish. Just some easy corals and very small CUC. I put a pinch of food in every 4-5 days to maintain the pods.

No detectible phosphates or nitrates.

Below is a pic of my kenya. It was 2.5 inches tall about 8 months ago. It's probably 3 inches now. It seems completely happy-just not much growth.

Attachments

• IMG_2688.JPG
    IMG_2688.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 0
Interesting. How big was your frag 3 months ago compared to it's current size?

I have an extremely low bio 15 gallon nano. No fish. Just some easy corals and very small CUC. I put a pinch of food in every 4-5 days to maintain the pods.

No detectible phosphates or nitrates.

Below is a pic of my kenya. It was 2.5 inches tall about 8 months ago. It's probably 3 inches now. It seems completely happy-just not much growth.
I would say it has atleast doubled in size possibly tripled. You could try and add a but more food and get some detectable nutrient levels and see if it grows more. I may be wrong but I am interested in the results.

They "drop babies"
Get it out while you can!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. theyre definitely a pest coral IME.

I don't have anywhere else to put it haha. I'll just let it grow a little and give it away.

Ive ended up throwing all my babies in the trash because noone wants it. I cant give the stuff away. I dont think I would want to do that to my fellow reefers anyway. lolz

Yes they do drop babies. My Kenyan tree has dropped two babies in two weeks. I'm Woundering how bad this is going to turn out. I may give my brother in law a few for his tank. That way I won't be the only one overrun with them.

It will get bad. They become unmanageable quite fast. Only give them to your in law if you dont like him. lolz

Back