Kessil AP 700 Owners Gather Here!

Tell me what you think of that combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The combo is nice, I like it better than 2x Coral+. It would be even better if my T5s were closer together and the colors mixed entirely. I am probably going to end up with 4x39w T5 in my canopy so I can add a P+. When the C+ bulbs go out, I'll probably replace 1 with a B+ so I end up 2xB+, 1xC+, 1xP+.

The C+ bulbs are hard to compensate for with the AP700 as far as adding blue light. But I think the B+ bulbs can be compensated by the AP700 as far as adding whiter light. I think you get more flexibility with B+.

The combo is nice, I like it better than 2x Coral+. It would be even better if my T5s were closer together and the colors mixed entirely. I am probably going to end up with 4x39w T5 in my canopy so I can add a P+. When the C+ bulbs go out, I'll probably replace 1 with a B+ so I end up 2xB+, 1xC+, 1xP+.

The C+ bulbs are hard to compensate for with the AP700 as far as adding blue light. But I think the B+ bulbs can be compensated by the AP700 as far as adding whiter light. I think you get more flexibility with B+.

Interesting observations. I feel the Blue+ is almost identical to the Kessil AP700 in spectrum so I can see how that's possible. I've got my Kessils tunes very white to balance it all out and now that I've got it figured out been happy with it.

Loving my lights, using them from day 1

Attachments

• IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 0
Mine are 10" off water with a max of 45%. I added 2 t5's a couple of weeks ago and really like the added depth of color

Mine are 10" off water with a max of 45%. I added 2 t5's a couple of weeks ago and really like the added depth of color

I'm sure you have plenty of light there. Be sure to start corals on the bottom for at least a week.

I'm loving my AP 700 + T5 (Coral+) combo. The T5's really bring out the reds/pinks and help fill the 30" width of my tank.

Enjoy!

My ap700 wasn't enough for my tank anymore so I decided to give radions a shot..
7489e4ec8e45c76fba77b567b4042169.jpg

Unfortunately I think the radions are gaining a slight edge in my opinion. As for par, at 25% 9" above the water and at the very top peak of my rock work on the right, I'm getting a high of 194 par from the radion. With the ap700 at 75% I am getting ~178 par at the highest peak directly under the puck and it mounted only an inch higher. Regardless, I will continue to run both for the time being

My ap700 wasn't enough for my tank anymore so I decided to give radions a shot..
7489e4ec8e45c76fba77b567b4042169.jpg

Unfortunately I think the radions are gaining a slight edge in my opinion. As for par, at 25% 9" above the water and at the very top peak of my rock work on the right, I'm getting a high of 194 par from the radion. With the ap700 at 75% I am getting ~178 par at the highest peak directly under the puck and it mounted only an inch higher. Regardless, I will continue to run both for the time being

I have radions and AP700s as well. Almost identical in PAR with Apogee 520. No way 75% and 25% on the other are equal, something is up.
I believe the middle of the 2 pucks is the highest PAR on the 700s. At 9" off water and at 54% I get about 220 3" below water line.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I have radions and AP700s as well. Almost identical in PAR with Apogee 520. No way 75% and 25% on the other are equal, something is up.
I believe the middle of the 2 pucks is the highest PAR on the 700s. At 9" off water and at 54% I get about 220 3" below water line.

I'll recheck the par under the 700s tomorrow with more accurate measurements of depth.

Can I see your set up? What're you thoughts between the 2 different fixtures?

For those whom added the t5 what was the jump in par? My peak is 45% at 10" with 2- 24" t5's. Dig the coral+ upfront and blue+ in back. I ran ap700 for 3 months before adding t5s

For those whom added the t5 what was the jump in par? My peak is 45% at 10" with 2- 24" t5's. Dig the coral+ upfront and blue+ in back. I ran ap700 for 3 months before adding t5s
I have the same set up but in 39w (pics a few posts back). I just experimented with the coloring and I LOVE what you get with the AP700 set to it's deeper blue modes with the mixture of the C+ and B+.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'll recheck the par under the 700s tomorrow with more accurate measurements of depth.

Can I see your set up? What're you thoughts between the 2 different fixtures?

I'll send u pics in a couple days, out of town. I like the shimmer of the Kessils and feel they have slightly better coverage. I have radions on my other tank.

I'm sure you've seen the brs PAR test, similar PAR readings so something is funny with your data.

Don't think it's worth swapping one for the other.

Back