Kessil Question

kevin21

Hey all,

Need some advice on lighting. Upgrading to a innovative marine fusion lagoon 50. Love the dimensions of this tank. Dimensions: Length: 29.92" Width: 23.62" Height: 16.14".

I currently have a Kessil a-150 sky blue on my 28g nano and it grows my LPS softies well. I saw a post regarding someone selling an a150 ocean blue for cheap.

My question is, based on those dimensions, how do you think two 150's would do? Strong enough? Will the coverage be suffiencent to eliminate shadows?

And the biggest question: has anyone ever mixed Kessil colors before? The ocean blue is much more blue than the sky blue. If i put one of each on the 50, will the colors fuse together nicely? I wouldn't mind a little more blue than the sky blue I have now, but don't want two different colors splitting my tank in half.

Thanks!

It is entirely possible by using two different color will give the 50 a split appearance. Also possible to tune much of that out with careful adjustment to the color setting. Appears your choices are to go with the same color to ensure you don't get a split look or purchase two of the same color and sell the single.

Thanks for the response...the a-150 are the ones that are not controllable. Thanks for your input...looking forward to hearing more opinions! Obviously the last thing I want is a split, but I was intrigued by the possibility of meshing the two together to get a nice coloration split between the sky blue and ocean blue.

Well "worst case" most likely and cameras see things a bit different than ones eye interprets things..

kessil_10k_15k.jpg

Besides some color tuning.. the closer together and/or higher up the more the uniform blending..

Thanks, tank is only 30 inches long, so that should propose a problem. Another question would be, what do you all think about the strength of two 150's on a 30" long 16" tall tank? Pretty shallow, most corals should do well I would think? I dont keep SPS.

Back