?? - kh director use with pinpoint Ca reactor controller

CTaylor

Hi
Can a pin point Ca reactor controller be used in conjunction with the kH director to keep/control alk levels? I was reading I need a profilux. Hopefully not (?).

TTYY!

To answer your question, no. You would need a socket to control the Co2 soleniod on your CaRX
and the stand along KHD cannot control the CaRx.

From GHL's site:

Calcium reactor control mode
In this mode, a calcium reactor can be down-regulated depending on the KH value.
A calcium reactor is usually operated by CO2 addition and control of the pH value; the actual pH value in the calcium reactor is measured by a pH electrode. If you select this pH electrode in the KH Director Options, the KHD can switch off CO2 if necessary (KH target value reached), otherwise the normal CO2 control is activated. This mode is only possible with a ProfiLux aquarium computer.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/products/kh-director/#1508175426316-64061f44-b8c1

However, and correct me if I'm wrong, what you are describing as a 'Pin Point Ca Reactor Controller" is
a pH monitor that controls the pH level via the Co2 solenoid. It in no way monitors Ca levels, correct?

I would tend to guess that you are presently checking dKh and Ca manually.

Currently, what is your dKh and Ca levels?

Does your dKh tend to drift down?

If so, then you can use the spare dosing head to dose Part 1 of a 2 part system which is soda ash mixed with water to raise and maintain the dKh levels.

TY Member No.1
I have more issue when my alk drifts up. for MY tank I need it very stable at 7-7.5. WHen it drifts 8 and higher = :( . But that's a different thread.
So I try to keep it at 7-7.3. Ca about 450. Though I need a re-test, it's always 420-460.
Yes I current check manually.
Yes it's a PPoint Ca reactor controller. It just goes by the pH of the reactor, not the Ca levels.
**I really do not want to set up another doser for just alk. Just for the fact that I have super limitd space and additionaly just adding alk is not ionically balanced. So then I would really need to add two part. So that's a no :-/
Just odd that only a proflux can be used for what I want. I guess that tosses out me getting the director.

I guess the other kH monitors with conrolling capabability are teh same way?

I know I know.. I think I know lol. ** can the kH director conrtol the dosiing pump that feed my ca reactor?? << I dont see why not b/c it was just said it can control a dosing pump for soda ash, so..hnmmmm

SNIP--->

I guess the other kH monitors with conrolling capabability are teh same way?

I can't answer for them all, but I do know that to use an Apex Trident Alk/Ca/Mg monitor/tester, you will need the newer Apex 2016 head unit and a power bar.

I know I know.. I think I know lol. ** can the kH director conrtol the dosiing pump that feed my ca reactor?? << I dont see why not b/c it was just said it can control a dosing pump for soda ash, so..hnmmmm

The dosers that's on the KHD are not rated for continual use, unlike your Kamoer doser. I ran one on my CaRX. Worked great. But since I started using GHL products, I went with 2 part. Much easier.

I think I see what you're saying... The 4 head doser has a free head that is part of the entire GHL KH director system. So THAT can be used for dosing. But since my kamoer is a SEPARATE doser, there is no way for the diretor to communicate with it. There fore I woudl need a central 'brain' the connects them all like a profilux. makes sense now

I think I see what you're saying... The 4 head doser has a free head that is part of the entire GHL KH director system. So THAT can be used for dosing. But since my kamoer is a SEPARATE doser, there is no way for the diretor to communicate with it. There fore I woudl need a central 'brain' the connects them all like a profilux. makes sense now

Yes, you are correct. But, there very well could be a stand alone ALK monitor that can control the solenoid on your CaRX.

The only two I have any personal experience with is the Trident by Apex (which needs the head unit even if you only want to monitor) and the GHL KHD. This will work as a stand alone ALK meter/controller, has a spare dosing head to use as you please, and can control a slave doser if you need more dosing heads.
I have the KHD, and a second 2.1 Doser, with both set up as slaves and controller by the GHL P4 .

Yes, you are correct. But, there very well could be a stand alone ALK monitor that can control the solenoid on your CaRX.

The only two I have any personal experience with is the Trident by Apex (which needs the head unit even if you only want to monitor) and the GHL KHD. This will work as a stand alone ALK meter/controller, has a spare dosing head to use as you please, and can control a slave doser if you need more dosing heads.
I have the KHD, and a second 2.1 Doser, with both set up as slaves and controller by the GHL P4 .

if one of these Alk machines :) had an out let to control a plug in. I thought theey all did, but the lack of one is apparently how they 'get you' to buy their aquarium computer hmph lol

Back