killa watt meter

Hey Dan,
I always wanted one of those, so I check on EBAY. $23 so I ordered one myself. Let you know how well it works.
(I am a computer guy, and I always wonder what the actual power usage is on my PC/Server/Monitors.)

I have heard that a lot of common electronics that use remote controllers use more power than you would guess when they are "off".

Cheers
Fred

ok,sounds good fred.i will probably bite the bullet and get one also.i wanted to test my ballasts.there is some question on if they are overdriving my bulbs.they are adjustable and if you have more than a 250 watt draw on a 250 watt ballast,it was recommended to me to turn them down a bit to get a more true color.and visa versa.thanks Dan

You should definitly see more than 250w from the ballast. Bulbs are not 100% efficient.

interested to see how they work as well. Thought about picking one up on ebay before as well.

No...don't have one. Was hoping you did...lol. I want to do some mods on the Octo, but not without the Kill A Watt.

Got mine off Ebay. Works very nice, patch through plug and gives me the volts, amps and watt usage of all of the juice passing through.
Great deal for $20.
Cheers
Fred

Back