lastlight's 404

Awesome. I loved the 225 build you did. Was hoping to see that one wet. This one is going to look awesome in a little while. Are u going to keep the black clear or put up some black tint

Guess I've been letting the thread slide huh? I was busy letting the tank slide too lol. I just cracked open the last bucket of salt of the original 10 I bought. I've been doing 50g water changes every 2 weeks instead of weekly for about 2 months now to keep costs down some. I haven't tested my levels in over a month but plan to tomorrow My TDS has been 1 from the DI for a while now and I'm even cool with that. I'm letting'er coast =) Growth is slow but I'm pretty patient.

I did however beat my hair algae problem. The valonia has taken off since and even though I'm slowly making process on the anularis algae it's still rampant (and sucking my calcium to boot ).

You'll notice I'm rockin the black background again... lovin' it too I might add. The blue looked more natural and endless and the black did make the tank look 3 feet deep (like it is I guess) but that was the best $20 I ever spent on bedding. I hung 2 king-sized black sheets on the fishroom wall. Very low VOCs =)

update1.jpg

update2.jpg

update3.jpg

update4.jpg

update5.jpg

update6.jpg

update7.jpg

update8.jpg

update9.jpg

update10.jpg

WOW!! Love what this tank looks like! The stand with the finished edges around the tank look clean, modern and well...perfect imo! Had to laugh that my last tank had the same dimensions and you should have many years of fun to come. I'm a past Deltec skimmer user as well and miss having that unit. The new version you have looks incredible and bet it runs like a champ. Looking forward to future updates. Great job!!

Looks good Brett, quite a bit more coral and growth now since I was there last.
I think Im going to have to stop by and steal Big Mac, every time I see pics of him I think I need one.

WOW!! Love what this tank looks like! The stand with the finished edges around the tank look clean, modern and well...perfect imo! Had to laugh that my last tank had the same dimensions and you should have many years of fun to come. I'm a past Deltec skimmer user as well and miss having that unit. The new version you have looks incredible and bet it runs like a champ. Looking forward to future updates. Great job!!

Thanks Tom! I'm happy with how the stand etc turned out. Like always it photographs quite a bit better than it actually looks... I'm no carpenter lol. I am indeed loving the deltec. I was without it for 2 months while I dealt with getting a replacement pump so the tank did take a bit of a nosedive but is turning around. It runs beautifully just make sure you feed it enough water (measure!) or the motor will overheat and break =)

Tank looks great.
Thanks for sharing.

Least I could do and thanks for the continued inspiration.

Looks good Brett, quite a bit more coral and growth now since I was there last.
I think Im going to have to stop by and steal Big Mac, every time I see pics of him I think I need one.

I'd fight for my wife, kids and my maculiceps. Bring it! (and thx lol)

great work, i just read your entire thread and enjoyed it very much. thanks

Thanks =) Hopefully it continues to improve.

Growth and color (growth especially) had taken a serious hit with my move to 50g changes every 2 weeks. A guy just can't save a buck! So I've got another 10 pails of salt in my fishroom and I'm going to suck it up and do weekly changes again. I have added some new fish recently to the tank and I managed to get pics of most:

- banana wrasse pair after a friend shut his tank down
- red coris wrasse
- yellow tang
- starry blenny

This post is dedicated to the fishies (that played nice to semi-nice for the camera). And yes... I need to buy another easy blade for my mag float. Haven't touched coraline since I did my tank transfer lol!

fishies1.jpg

fishies2.jpg

fishies3.jpg

fishies4.jpg

fishies5.jpg

fishies6.jpg

fishies7.jpg

fishies8.jpg

fishies9.jpg

fishies10.jpg

Brett, you've hit another home run. I followed your 225 build and it was amazing. And so is this one. Well done.

Back