Latest Drs. Foster & Smith Catalogue?

todd2000

What kind of fish is that on the cover of the latest Drs. Fosters & Smith catalogue. It looks like some kind of Wrasse, but I can't find it in their Catalogue, or their wesite.

The one that is on my mailing list is a Pseudanthias ventralis ventralis or it's a Pseudanthias ventralis hawaiiensis. A beautiful but very delicate deep water anthias that is difficult to keep in the home aquarium. I believe getting it to eat is the hardest part.

Is this the one that you were looking at?
107050.jpg

pseudanthias_ventralis.jpg

Yeah that seems to be the one on the cover, they have it labelled as a Resplendent Anthias (Pseudanthias pulcherrimus)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6945061#post6945061 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 143gadgets
Very beautiful though.

Yes indeed. Why are all the really beautiful fish hard to keep? :)

Todd2000,
The specimen on the cover of our latest catalog is the Ventralis Anthias (Pseudanthias ventralis) and not the Resplendent Anthias (Pseudanthias pulcherrimus) as stated on the back of the catalog. Unfortunately we were unable to have this corrected before the catalog was printed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Joyce F.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6945285#post6945285 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by trippyl
Can we get free stuff for our inconvenience?

just kidding....

LOL, I didn't realize Drs Foster & Smith posted here, although judging from the # of posts not much :)

Its nice to know that the BIG GUYS are intrested in what us consumers think and say. Now we know where they get all there helpful tips from that they use in the MAG. "can you say royalties".

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6946125#post6946125 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by der Riff-Konig
Its nice to know that the BIG GUYS are intrested in what us consumers think and say. Now we know where they get all there helpful tips from that they use in the MAG. "can you say royalties".

You guys are funny, but seriously I have always had good experiances with Fosters Smith I bought everything for my tank there, the Customer service is great, haven't bought any livestock form livaquaria yet, but I think I will probably get my clean-up crew, and flame from them.

Back