Leaky Bulkhead Questions

Just curious why you want a gate valve? They're super expensive compared to a ball valve and other than tuning a drain they are overkill IMO.

I was looking at that but I don’t have a pipe threader and it’s not threaded unless I’m looking at it wrong. Unless I switch the bulkheads and valves to slip/slip
I think you can only thread sched 80 anyway. HD usually have the threading machine in the gas pipe aisle and they do it for free. I never though of asking if they'll do PVC. For sched 40 you'd need an MPT fitting. And btw the outside threads of a bulkhead are not standard and don't work with anything but the bulkhead nut. Just an FYI in case you got any crazy ideas. :LOL:

I figured you meant this stuff, it says it's sched 40 but all the connectors say furniture grade which seems suspect. It's likely fine since BRS continues to sell it.

View attachment 32398156

For the drain I never glue it to the bulk head. I just use silicone and have never had a leak. I don't think I'd try that on a return line though. Apparently spiders want to help too. I also keep my pipes as straight as possible. I hate the crazy octopus of pipes a lot of people have.

View attachment 32398157
Silicone huh? Food for thought.

Love the spiders😉

Just curious why you want a gate valve? They're super expensive compared to a ball valve and other than tuning a drain they are overkill IMO.
Damn, you guys are moving fast. I’ve never used a gate valve. I still use Durso overflows though.

Shane, I I was local, I’d be over this weekend to help. It would probably take a dozen visits to the hardware store but, we’d eventually get it done.🤣

Oh how cool! I just looked at the “colored plumbing” on BRS! I love it!

Like @kharmaguru said, the barb with male thread for the flex tubing. If you get the bulkhead with one side slip, and one side threaded, you can put the barb directly into the bulkhead. As for the pipe, same thing…use slip/thread couplings

I mentioned that gate valve because you can get them dialed in perfectly for the silent main drain and have minimal runoff into the emergency drain

Awesome!

Now the next conundrum, figuring out what return pump I have (I know it’s a Jebao, yes I really am that bad🤣🫣) to make sure the right fitting fits 3/4 inch flex tubing.

Edit never mind, just zoomed in my pic, the current flex hose is 3/4 inch

Awesome!

Now the next conundrum, figuring out what return pump I have (I know it’s a Jebao, yes I really am that bad🤣🫣) to make sure the right fitting fits 3/4 inch flex tubing.

After looking at all the plumbing goodies on BRS, I suddenly want to replumb mine as well 🤣

Awesome!

We do not product shame on this forum. Besides I just swapped out a Rio return pump for a bigger Rio return pump. They run forever, I love them.

I'm currently running a Rio return pump and have two Jebao pumps for circulation. No issues with either. As Sean mentioned, Rios run forever. I've found the same to be true of the Jebao powerheads as long as you clean them regularly.

I'm currently running a Rio return pump and have two Jebao pumps for circulation. No issues with either. As Sean mentioned, Rios run forever. I've found the same to be true of the Jebao powerheads as long as you clean them regularly.
I think that’s true with most powerheads. As part of yesterdays cleaning, I cleaned my Neptune Wav. Remounted it in the same position. Turned it on back to its schedule and it blew a couple of frags off the rack from the change in flow due to being clean

Back