LEAR Frag Fest '22?

Anyone know if there's going to be a LEAR frag swap in 2022? I poked around a bit but haven't found anything.

I did hit the parking lot frag swap a couple of weeks ago, that was cool.

On their Facebook page on Jan 6th, 2021, they said this years was cancelled and the next one is scheduled for Feb 26th, 2022. But that's all I could find. The CORA swap is on Nov 7th though. That's on reeftrader now

I heard that the Holiday Inn is for sure booked for the event but it hasn't been "publicly" announced yet.

Last edited:
I like the parking lot. We should just get a bunch of local people together at a parking lot for free.

February in OH - how will that work with anything living?

It would work just like the past one, you would use reef trader to buy and sell and then everyone meets up in a pre determined parking lot for the exchange. It's not going to be the traditional swap with tables and tanks set up.

It would work just like the past one, you would use reef trader to buy and sell and then everyone meets up in a pre determined parking lot for the exchange. It's not going to be the traditional swap with tables and tanks set up.

You mean the past 2 as Big E and Therman did a earlier in the spring. I've gone to both and it was well worth it. The first one wasn't on ReefTrader thou. this last one I was there for like 5 minutes,picked up all the frags and was home 15 minutes later. Didn't want to go into the show that was for vendors only.
I'd do another parking lot "show" without a problem.

I wonder what the vendors thought of the vendors only show? I doubt they sell much without any hobbyists.

So I don't really blame the vendors for what happened at the past swap. I mean they didn't put it on they were just apart of it. If you saw there was a big Facebook thread and the guy putting it on was the one arguing with people. But I did go in and look around and I did buy two pieces. I didn't get a chance to talk to many of the vendors as it was crowded but I did talk to Motor City Corals for awhile. His said he has no problem with local people selling at swaps. Thinks it's a great thing for the hobby that we can do it and wouldn't discourage it at all. But he said Ohio is an extremely competitive market because of it. He said he has to knock off about 20$ per frag when he comes to swaps around here. I liked one of his Oktoberfest acro frags and figured I'd support him. But don't think apps like reeftrader are a normal thing outside of Ohio and some of the neighboring states.

I don't blame the vendors at all, I just don't want to see them get burned and not come back - regardless of who is at fault. I'm glad to hear it was crowded and people were selling, and I might have stuck around if I wasn't so short on time. But asking $15 to go in and see what the vendors have AFTER people bought and sold is going to thin the crowd vs asking $5 BEFORE.

I'd still be up for another 'parking lot' swap, and I suggest a large park like Pine Hollow (I don't know if permits might be required) or shopping mall like Summit Mall
or Beachwood place.

Oh yeah I agree with that. I mean the swap was free after 12 but a majority of the people came in beforehand. And yeah the parking lot thing was really cool. I would be down to do it again

Parking lot time ended at 11am, swap was free after 12pm. That gave hobbyists the choice to:
1) Pay $15
2) Wait 1 hour
3) Go home

I don't see many people choosing option 2)

As per usual dealing with the Holiday inn has been a issue, it’s no longer the Holiday inn strongsville it’s now a Best Western plus. They didn’t have our info, deposit ect. I just worked things out Monday with them! We’re back on for Feb 26th 2022. I just didn’t make a big announcement yet as I don’t want to steal any thunder away from CORA. So be on the look out for details next week!
Erik

;n32362618 said:
BTW the new RC format sucks.

I'm sorry you feel that way. We still have a lot of work to do. What don't you like about the current forum software?

Back