LED Biocube 32 - Newbie Build w/ All Costs, Upgrades & Progress Updates

Looking awesome! My cube is coming along as well. I went with a chiller on mine that I picked up off craigslist for 75 bucks...so far my water is staying a perfect 78 degrees instead of 86+ in this recent heat wave. The filtration setup I went with was the intank baskets with filter floss on top, purigen in the middle, and chemipure in the bottom and chaeto in the fuge with a magnetic LED light off amazon. So far so good, all levels reading zero.

Send a link to some pics!

I'm still p;aying w filtration. The PolyFilter i put in last week is already really gunked up.

Today I added a Starry Blenny. The cleanup crew has the place looking a lot brighter and the chiller works wonders. Main order of fish arrives next Wednesday so stay tuned! Check out my sand. Do I need to slow the Gyre down or move it? Getting shallow on the left.

Acclimating "Harvey". He's been h iding in the tank all afternoon so this is all I got for a photo!
i-6XpkH82-XL.jpg

Clean up crew has done some good work. The sand is white again:
i-bVRsmjK-XL.jpg

Romance or rumble?
i-Ch3LbJ6-XL.jpg

Reminder of what the place looked like a week ago when the cleanup crew was added. Like i said, these are great employees!
i-3GcvZxF-XL.jpg

What did you end up with in back following the simple filter modification? I was thinking of doing that mod myself. Right now I just have the stock media rack with stock filter pad on top and Matrix in the bottom of chamber 2.

What did you end up with in back following the simple filter modification? I was thinking of doing that mod myself. Right now I just have the stock media rack with stock filter pad on top and Matrix in the bottom of chamber 2.

I am still looking for a good solution here. I am back to running the stock bio cube filter on top which I change for a new one weekly. I'm having some issues with the tank and I will go into more detail soon. Sorry for the delay and updates. It's been a challenge! I added livestock, lost two fish and have a small ammonia problem. Oh and I bought two more bigger fish tanks"¦

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still looking for a good solution here. I am back to running the stock bio cube filter on top which I change for a new one weekly. I'm having some issues with the tank and I will go into more detail soon. Sorry for the delay and updates. It's been a challenge! I added livestock, lost two fish and have a small ammonia problem. Oh and I bought two more bigger fish tanks"¦

I am now running the simple filter modification and it's doing quite well. I did talk to inTank and they are making a new media rack for the 32-gallon version. I will switch to that when it's available. Sorry to hear about your troubles that's very frustrating I'm sure. I cycled with all live rock and live sand and have had fish in my tank now for over a week and things seem to be pretty stable.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I am lost a Brazilian Flame Angel and an Ocellaris Clownfish. I found the skeletal remains of the clown fish being consumed by my cleanup crew and removed it. I have never found any remains from the Brazilian flame angel. I'm starting to wonder if it is back somewhere in my media basket and need to take to take it apart.. Ammonia has been at 0.2. For a week. Not high, but shouldn't be there. I did a large water change on Friday and will test Monday

Any luck with a skimmer? It tried the tunze and it didn't fit in chamber one, I couldn't get it working in chamber 2 but it might if I added an ato. I hope someone finds a skill member that works in chamber 1

Back