LED Light Strips

Ah, gotcha. I was wondering if the bars could be integrated with a controller such as an APEX or some other controller that utilizes PWM like a Storm or BlueFish. The ATI T5/LED project I've been working on is almost done. It was fully ops checked last night and everything is working.

ATI%20T5-LED%20Hybrid%20-%20Both%20Fixtures%20Under%201%20Control%20-%205%20-%20Sized_zps12gy14ra.jpg

Last edited:
So what's the status on those light strips? Do they look like they'll be fine on their own or are you considering a hybrid setup?

With 2 LED Strips most will likely need additional supplementation either T5 or MH. I would venture to say that if I added 2 additional Strips they would probably work as standalone but would suggest adding the Blue and White led strip into the mix. Vendor is sending me blue LEDs to replace the harsher looking red ones. Without testing i suspect these put out pretty good PAR as one of my deep water Acro's bleached. Am slowly increasing the intensity. Started out at whites 30 percent blues 50 peercent. currento at whites 40 blues 60.

Can you take off the lenses? If you can, you may be able to crank them up more and get a more disperse spread. It will also help with preventing the "disco effect" that happens with tight degree lenses. The other option is to raise the strips higher off the water.

I'm looking to refit my Hydra 52s with my old T5s to increase growth. Just hope I don't lose my shimmer from my LEDs [emoji19]

Removed the lenses first day I got them after trying with them on first. Colors did blend a little better but I suspect I have them a little too close to the water they sit about 4 inches above the water and are spaced about 5 inches apart. Can't move them much higher than that due to the canopy I built.

Back