LED Lighting Options for a 210 gallon

Texanjordan

Ok, Currently I own a Orphek PR156B+UV that I have over my 90 gallon aquarium. It started over a 65 gallon, but moved over to my 90 when I upgraded. It works ok, but is a little underpowered for my 48 inches of tank. I plan on upgrading very shortly to a 210 gallon, this will be 72 inches long. I want to continue to use my fixture, and add something else. Unfortunatly they dont make the fixture that I own now, so I cant get another. Does anyone have a recommendation on what else I can add that will provide enought coverage for 36 inches of tank. I will have SPS/LPS/Softies/ Nems.

If I were you I would check out ReefLEDLights he has always got me set up with the right gear. I have done DYIs on all my tanks. Better lighting for a cheaper price if you can solder.

I like the DIY options, but I allready own a nice fixture that covers 36 inches, what would be good to cover the other 36 inches?

I keep LPS, SPS, and Softies. The problem with buying a second Orphek PR156B+UV, is they are discontinued. I might just pick up a Orphek Nilus, they have the same PAR as the one I have now, and the only difference is that they are dimmibile, but that shouldnt be an issue right?

no issue, just that you can dim one and not the other, but no big deal.

don't know your setup, but aesthetically, it might look weird having two different lights hanging over your tank, but functionally it would be fine.

I keep LPS, SPS, and Softies. The problem with buying a second Orphek PR156B+UV, is they are discontinued. I might just pick up a Orphek Nilus, they have the same PAR as the one I have now, and the only difference is that they are dimmibile, but that shouldnt be an issue right?

I'm not very familiar with the light, but you could wait for a used one to come up for sale or post in a looking for section.

Or sell it and buy a new setup for ur new tank. When I set up my 220 I got 3 rapid led 40 breeder kits with 60 and 90 degree optics. A lot of soldering. My huge ritteri anemone loves it and so does the clams on the sand bed.

Back