LED/T5 lighting schedule

FloMotion

I just added two 36 inch (48 inch wouldn't fit in my canopy) t5s to supplement my Reefbreeders Photon 48 over my 75 gallon sps dominate system. I'm using one ATi true actinic and one ATi purple plus. The Reefbreeders peaks at 100% blue and 40% white. Currently the LEDs start to ramp up at 9am and turn off at 9:30pm. The t5s are currently running from 11am-7:30pm.

I'm trying to find a balance between growth and coloration. Any suggestions or tweaks are greatly appreciated! :beer:

How do your colors look now?

Imo those t5s might be on for to long. I'm running LEDs from noon until 10pm, but T5s blue plus and coral plus only on from 2 until 6pm. I have no plans to increase the t5 time.

This has worked great for me, but as we know each tank is different.

How do your colors look now?

Imo those t5s might be on for to long. I'm running LEDs from noon until 10pm, but T5s blue plus and coral plus only on from 2 until 6pm. I have no plans to increase the t5 time.

This has worked great for me, but as we know each tank is different.

Color is great, but I just added the t5s on Monday. I'm thinking I should dial them back and then slowly increase them. Just want to make sure I don't burn any corals...

Color is great, but I just added the t5s on Monday. I'm thinking I should dial them back and then slowly increase them. Just want to make sure I don't burn any corals...

Dial it back for sure. I started at 1 hour and added 30.mins per week and peaked out at four hours.

I did lots of reading on this and that seemed to be the norm.

Dial it back for sure. I started at 1 hour and added 30.mins per week and peaked out at four hours.

I did lots of reading on this and that seemed to be the norm.

Thanks for the feedback, just dialed them down. I think I'm going to shorten my overall photo period as well. 12.5 hours, including 2 hours of actinics, seems a bit much.

Back