Lee's Skimmer...???

ChrisMan123

Anyone ever used Lee's Skimmer before? I got someone im helping set up a 10g nano reef the small model of Lee's Protein Skimmer and i thought it looked okay and would get the job done... and i ordered it yesterday for him but... i saw it in the store and the cup top wouldnt even stay on and it seemed very poorly constructed... but im going to have him use the hang on the back assembly option b/c the suction cups aren't very good and I might just find a way to keep the collection cup top on... prob by using a velcrow latch i'll glue on both sides... \

but other than that... how does this thing work for you? any problems?

As with most airstone driven skimmers, it works pretty well actually. The only problem is you have to replace the limewood airstone fairly often (at least once every couple of months)

D.

I'm using the big Lee's skimmer, it works fine, pulls tons o crud out. But I have to do regular maintenance on it, especially on the nipple for the small riser tube which clogs up with salt buildup. I gave up on the suction cups and modified the bracket, now it's fine. But for 30 bucks it's fine.

yeah im just going to make velcrow latches for the top of the collection cup to make sure it stays on and use the hang on the back assembly option instead of the suction cups

Back