Leopard wrasse in 30gal?

ivysbe

Hi there! I was wondering about the possibility of putting a leopard wrasse in a 30gal mixed reef tank. It would probably be the last fish I put in the tank. I have a pretty deep sand bed (approx 3-4in although I could probably add more) and an excessive amount of live rock.

Currently in the tank:
2 banggai cardinals
1 Picasso clownfish
1 Diamond watchman goby
1 Bubbletip anemone

Just curious about the practicality of keeping one of these beauties!

Hello and welcome to the site! I think you'd be wise to hold off on that until/if you go for a much larger tank. They will pick a smaller tank clean of any amphipods pretty quickly, among other concerns. Your current load is just about maxxed for a 30 gallon, in my view. Good luck-

Hello and welcome to the site! I think you'd be wise to hold off on that until/if you go for a much larger tank. They will pick a smaller tank clean of any amphipods pretty quickly, among other concerns. Your current load is just about maxxed for a 30 gallon, in my view. Good luck-
I agree (y)

While sometimes Leopard Wrasses will accept frozen mysis, brine, etc. their primary staple is pods. And there's a good chance the fish will starve in just a 30 gallon before it ever transitions to accepting prepared foods.

Back