LF Aquarium pane replacement guy/shop

Specfishin

Anyone now where I can get an aquarium pane replaced locally? Just a regular glass shop or ??? It's a 65g but the front viewing pane is scratched beyond my liking. Thanks for any guidance or help.šŸ˜Š anywhere in hernando/pasco/pineallas will work. And I'll probably have them reseal since its there. I know I can do that though if needed but a matter of convenience.

I would be surprised if you could get it done for much less than it would cost to just buy a new tank.

LF Aquarium pane replacement guy/shop

Can try Pinellas & Pasco Glass & Mirror... Not sure if they can but is only place I can think of, but I'm with them and thinking it may be cheaper just to buy another tank!

Ok. Just thought it might not have costed so much but hey, I'm no expert. I might check to see how much it'd be at P&P glass. They're nearby. I'd hate to waste a RR tank over some scratches. Oh well:confused: Thanks everyone for the input. And pm me Jfoltz when you're ready.

Unfortunately to replace just one panel you pretty much have to take all the panels off, due to the fact that new silicone will not adhere to old silicone. If you tried to just replace the front panel and reseal the inside, every place the new silicone meets the old silicone is a potential leak waiting to happen. Getting the old silicone off in the first place, without damaging the silicone in between the panes would be nearly impossible. If anyone would be willing to do this it would very likely cost the same as a new tank if not more, and probably wouldn't be warranteed. If it were me I'd probably sell the tank to someone who didn't care as much about the scratches, and use that money towards buying a new one.

Didn't think about the old/new silicone. Well, I might have to take a closer look at my scratches, evaluate and possibly go bigger lol.

i tried to send you a message but i didnt have enough posts. did you ever find a solution or upgrade the tank?

i tried to send you a message but i didnt have enough posts. did you ever find a solution or upgrade the tank?

Yup. I bought a bigger tank. Lol Seriously though I let it go cheap and I did find a bigger tank. Seemed like getting it repaired/replaced was more costly than it'd be worth. Thanks

Back