LF Chaeto

Anyone know the best way to "clean" it? I have quite a bit but I don't know if it's got unwanted critters in it. My tanks are fine, but I don't want to unknowingly give others pests.

I've done some research and it looks like I can do a freshwater tip as well as a Bayer dip, and also using one of the standard treatments (CoralRX, Revive, etc.). I'm wondering if anyone has a standard protocol that they use with satisfactory results.

In the past I've rinsed via RODI water. I usually rinse and let it sit for a few min. The just grab whatever is still clumped. Toss the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am also looking for a large clump in the San Ramon / Tri valley area. Finally finding some time to get my system cleaned up and wanted to get the fuge running again. Thanks!

Anyone know the best way to "clean" it? I have quite a bit but I don't know if it's got unwanted critters in it. My tanks are fine, but I don't want to unknowingly give others pests.

I've done some research and it looks like I can do a freshwater tip as well as a Bayer dip, and also using one of the standard treatments (CoralRX, Revive, etc.). I'm wondering if anyone has a standard protocol that they use with satisfactory results.

You can soak chaeto in RO/DI for 30-60 minutes. That'll pretty much kill most pests, if not all, that we don't want.

Back