LF: Chiller

minus9

I need to rent or buy a used chiller for a month or two while I reset my tank. The temp tank will be in the garage, so I need to make sure it doesn't get too hot. It will be around 90 gallons of water, so I don't think I need anything big.

Thanks everyone! A friend might have one he's not using so I'll keep everyone posted if it doesn't pan out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you will need a chiller for next 2 months.

Yeah, you're probably right, but we've had some strange weather the past couple years, so I want to have some piece of mind. Btw, my friend had a chiller buried in his garage, so I cleaned it up and it's working like a charm. Thanks everyone, seems like I'm covered for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe longer

In May, I'll have a 1/3hp Aqualogics chiller for sale.... $450.00 and its yours ;)

Thanks! Yeah, the weather looks kinda cool for a while. I should be good for now, but I might set up a large frag tank in the garage now that I have extra power? So we'll see? Thanks again for the offers! Cheers!

If worst comes to worse, setup fans blowing across the tank and start freezing 1 gallon milk jugs full of RO/DI. I have done this in the past for my 90 gallons. 1 gallon of frozen water gets you by the entire day. We have 4 jugs on rotation and never needed a chiller.

If worst comes to worse, setup fans blowing across the tank and start freezing 1 gallon milk jugs full of RO/DI. I have done this in the past for my 90 gallons. 1 gallon of frozen water gets you by the entire day. We have 4 jugs on rotation and never needed a chiller.

Yeah, that's what I did in the 90's during my halide days. My 150w Iwasaki warmed up my 15g rather quickly during the Midwest summers. Ziplock baggies with ice was the cure, along with fans. Right now, I'm adding extra heaters to keep the temp from lowering too much at night, so I think I'm going to be fine for a while. Appreciate the help!

Thanks! Yeah, the weather looks kinda cool for a while. I should be good for now, but I might set up a large frag tank in the garage now that I have extra power? So we'll see? Thanks again for the offers! Cheers!

Let me know if you need it. I was kidding about the $450.00...

The good thing about American made chillers is that they last and are easy to fix if there's a problem.

Back