LF: Dosing containers

I use the "Simply Orange" orange juice containers. Nice size, firm plastic, square shape. I just drill a hole for the tubing and a tiny air hole.

2.5 gallon tank, some cheap plexi glass for a top 2 pieces of window glass silicon. Very cheap but works and looks good.

Attachments

• 1422820978240-812047409.jpg
    1422820978240-812047409.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 0
Great looking dosing containers. I'm still leaning towards the one from Amazon due to price and convenience.

Yep. I saw that one, but the shipping was insane to FL. Make sure you check before ordering. This is the same they have on Amazon, but with too high shipping charges.

Very nice!!! Great idea adding the horizontal float switches to notify you when the fluids are low.

I've also been looking for a dosing container.

Would you be able to provide with the contact details of company.

Thank you!

I ordered the container from advanced acrylics. The float switches I ordered on ebay.

I drilled myself and installed them..

I have a build thread on another site, pm me if you are interested in the link..

I thought of that too with lots of people suggesting just using an orange juice container, a dollar store plastic container, etc., which is why I would prefer going with the acrylic 3 chamber storage box, but then I thought... The dosing liquids come in plastic bottles made of very similar polyethylene terephthalate (PET) material.

Therefore, I don't think it matters much where you store it. Unless, you decide to store it in a bottle made out of Polystyrene (PS) or Polypropylene (PP). These two have less "Stable" molecules and can leach chemicals.

For my personal opinion and my peace of mind, I would go with Acrylic, but that is just my opinion. I am by no means an expert in plastic or reef aquariums. However, I do have over 10 years of experience in the plastics and packaging industry.

Speaking of non professionalism, making an AIO tank, bought the acrylic, started putting it together and the applicator bottle busted. So there's strike one, got another applicator bottle, had the pieces all set, started to bond it together, the pieces started slipping around. So theres $50 bucks down the tube. Sorry for the rant on your thread lol. I just thought about what you said when I messed up.

Wow dude that sounds crazy. No pun intended. It also sounds very familiar. As an avid DIYre, I run into so many issues that sometimes drive me crazy, but that is the way we learn.

I how the rest of the build goes ok.

Ok, going back on my previous comment about using cheap thin containers. I seen our factory gallon jug of magnesium is pretty flimsy (HDPE), so its good enough for the suppliers.
I never seen any expiration dates on any containers. Anyone know for sure if our additives expire?

I was actually talking to nextreef about this today, they had that 4.5l (4.5Lx3) dosing box on display asked them off they could do a 10L (10Lx3) we'll see what the price quote looks like lol

Same here. I looked on this site again after a few weeks and their shipping had gone down to something reasonable. It feels like when the item is out of stock in the US, the shipping rate goes crazy high. Right now it sits at $13.00 to the US, but when I first checked it was $37.00 for shipping alone.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I am still waiting to get this one delivered from fish street, as well as my Coral Box D500 skimmer.

Back