LF: Foxface Rabbitfish

ReefWhatYouSow

I'm open to the size but before I go buying one from a store I wanted to see if anyone local had one. Then I can ask about his grazing habits, etc

I'm open to the size but before I go buying one from a store I wanted to see if anyone local had one. Then I can ask about his grazing habits, etc

I have to say the best fish I have ever owned and the best at algae cleanup the tangs are just there for looks ...out compete any tang I have ever owned. You can't go wrong the one I had would eat even red large bubble algae I had taking over the tank ...

Got a one spot foxface and he definitely loves eating algae off my rocks and some Nori but not sure if mine is weird but he also eats meaty frozen food as well.

Faios has had them everytime ive gone in there. I bought my foxface lo from there. Great fish, always picking at the rocks, super healthy

Yeah. After doing research on the fish it seems to be like a great tank-mate. The only thing that I can slightly see as a downside with the fish is the poisonous sting.

Do all the types change color?

They are awesome fish. They look good, eat algae, and are peaceful. They do all change color. They use it as camouflage to hide in the rocks. Be carful when your hands are in the tank though. I am not worried about getting stung more that they can get startled and make frags that you weren't looking to make.

Ya im not worried about their sting either. Im always in the tank fixing rocks my eels like to knock over. And i have a lionfish in the tank as well. Its a peaceful fish, but skiddish at first. It took a few weeks before it stopped hiding while someone walked by the tank

Most people that have them in their tanks love the fish. I think i paid $30 for mine at faois. But i bought the smallest one they have. Dont quote me on that price, it was awhile ago when i purchased it. Pretty sure faois treats their fish as well.

I would start small they grow fast ...and I have been stung before it was my fault I was feeding the fish and he came up at the same time ...I pushed all the venom I could squeeze out of my finger, it is a little painful my arm was in pain from the elbow down for a couple of hours nothing traumatic unless you are allergic. Still I believe one of the best algae eaters I have owned and will always have one in a reef that own.......I was having such a bad algae outbreak I brought a couple large pieces of nuisance algae into FAOIS and they put a couple of pieces in the with some tangs and the foxface the only one to eat it was the foxface ...

Back