LF: Inexpensive HOB skimmer for a 24 gallon tank.

Scuba Dan

Just as title states. Looking to buy a inexpensive HOB skimmer for my 24 gallon tank. Does not need to be top of the line. Just looking for a used, inexpensive skimmer that gets the job done. Thought I would check here before looking for a used one on ebay.
Thanks....

CrazyEyes, If Its a HOB, I have plenty of room. I would like to go with a HOB, but would consider a in tank skimmer. Its been awhile since i shopped around for a skimmer and found a few brand new ones and used I'm checking into. Doing a bit of research now. At the moment I'm looking into the following:

-AquaticLife Internal Mini Skimmer 115. New($59.99) Finding good reviews on this one.
-Fluval Sea PS1. Used ($45.00)
-Hydor slim skim nano. New ($85.00)
-Red Sea Prizm. Used ($25.00)

Like I stated, not looking for the top of the line, just a basic skimmer that gets the job done.

toddmau5, what are you looking to get for the Remora?

Thanks for the reply guys. No longer looking. I went ahead and ordered the AquaticLife Internal Mini Skimmer 115.

You read positive and negative reviews on this skimmer some stating its junk, a waste of money. Some that love the skimmer. Thought I'd give it a try. IMO its a GREAT skimmer for the money.:thumbsup: Its a bit on the small size, but it REALLY pulls the nasty out of the water. Wish they would make a larger version of this skimmer. Here are a couple pictures taken today of what it has skimmed. Little in size, but BIG in performance.

20150923_172535_zps9wwwxf3j.jpg

20150923_172544_zpsjabdrq5c.jpg

Last edited:
nice, I think that skimmer will work perfect in my 20-25G setup. Thanks for the pics. I have read really good reviews on this skimmer. nice to hear a good one on here.

Is it quiet?

Yes....
Please note that you will get micro bubbles at first, but they went away after a week or so. Its a GREAT skimmer for the money. I've seen used ones go for $25.00. New one can be purchased for $55.00 at Doctors Foster and Smith. IMO, not many skimmers will perform like this one for $55.00. ;)

Last edited:
Back