LF: ORP calibration fluid packets

bigzman

Hello,

Wanted to see if anyone here might have ORP probe calibration fluid packet I could be. I know I can get via brs but it won't get here until next week.

Thanks

Thanks roger I get it's not necessary on the apex side but I have a factory setting archon and want to make sure its calibration is not way off.

Not that anyone is right or wrong but doesn't a new apex come with orp solution?
Z I have a pack you can have when you come get the skimmer.

ORP solutions can be handy for checking accuracy (might take a while for the probe to settle, don't expect it to read quickly like a pH probe), but as others have stated you can't calibrate with them. I find that most ORP probes tend to drift upwards in their readings over time (good thing, given that drifting down could cause too much ozone injection). I recalibrate with quinhydrone-saturated solutions per manufacturer directions.

always nice to check any measurement device to a standard, what ever it is. Everything has a built in margin of error regardless of what it is. So, if you have a standard to check to, it is an accuracy check as to the hardware's validity and reasonableness. I am in Aerospace design, and NOTHING is ever left "don't need calibration". There is no product in America today that is 0% error with 100% reliability ...... sorry, but it don't exist.

always nice to check any measurement device to a standard, what ever it is. Everything has a built in margin of error regardless of what it is. So, if you have a standard to check to, it is an accuracy check as to the hardware's validity and reasonableness. I am in Aerospace design, and NOTHING is ever left "don't need calibration". There is no product in America today that is 0% error with 100% reliability ...... sorry, but it don't exist.

Agreed there is a great deal of error with orp plobes and reading. The point is they take so long to settle sometimes days that calibration will not work accurately.

Agreed there is a great deal of error with orp plobes and reading. The point is they take so long to settle sometimes days that calibration will not work accurately.

I also agree that calibration is pretty difficult, but verification to a standard is necessary. In the hardware/software that is reading, there is way too much margin of/for error in the design. Some manufactures use high precision parts while designing, but for the most part, the aquarium controller industry does not use the very low tolerance parts (1%) as they are just to expensive. As well, they do not do signal integrity analysis, board stackup analysis, or even extensive qualification to the design standards. All of that stuff costs mega bucks and fully understandable why they don't (we could not afford as Joe consumer to buy). But, if we as the consumer, do the verification to a standard, we can cull out the good and the bad. The suppliers know that, and expect a norm around return rate. :)

Back