LF thoughts on reefbreeders

jaylensdad06

I have been looking at different options for leds. Id like to hear every1s thoughts about them. I have been looking at the photon 48 or the 32. Do u think the 32 will be enough light and coverage over a 120gal? 48x24x24. Or will it have to be raised up to high to get the coverage? And what are every1s thoughts on the sb reeflights? Does n e 1 own either? I have seen the the coverage of the photon 48 on my size tank. Just curious if the 32 would suffice. Just FYI I would like to run 2 54 watt t5 maybe 4 with the leds later down the road. Look foward to thoughts and experiences in advance

I have the photon 48 on my 120. Right now im only running it at a max of 35%. Corals seem happy so i havent turned it up any higher. Logan at reefbreeders has great customer service and the light is great. The programing is really easy as well. I dont have any complaints and i havent had an issue with the light. They did just re design the photon 48, so i cant speak of how that one compares to mine.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

They are great lights looked at them went kessil because I like the shimmer but these are really great lights I think you could do fine with the 32 on a 48 just raise the light you won't need to supplement this light is very powerful.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If I recall the 32 and 48 have the same
amount of LEDs just different positioning.

Reef breeders are pretty good, ran them for about a year and changed because I wanted more customizability.

I run 2 32w series on my 210 .... I think the highest I go is 50 whites channel 30 blue channel. Love them tho so far

Thanx nathan. Ur tank was the 1 I've seen in person with the 48. The reason y I am asking is because alot of people say t5 or halide have the best growth...and led has the best color...so my goal was both t5 and led. If I go with the 48 and I decide later to upgrade to a 180 will the 48 be ok with t5 supliment or would 2 32s be best. I appreciate all the comments so far.

Save yourself the money up front and get youself an ATI Sunpower. The people who color you get the best color from led really mean the best "pop".

This will give you best sps coverage for sure, if not sps heavy I'm sure this is fine.

Reefbreeders are good.. This is my third system with them, and every time,I go right back to them for their performance and Logan's customer service..

On a 48" tank, sps dominant,I would run the 48. It's better to have more power and not use it than not enough.. When I had my 110, I ran two 24 units..

On my 180 right now, I am running a 48 and a 24 with 3 t5 bulbs(i originally purchased the t5 just for fill light), so they are definitely scalable and powerful enough to easily grow and color your coral, as long as the rest of the parameters are good. And this is sps dominant I am speaking of.

Definitely, if I needed to do it again,I wouldn't hesitate, especially with the new units that have more customization..

Sent from my SM-N920F using Tapatalk

Save yourself the money up front and get youself an ATI Sunpower. The people who color you get the best color from led really mean the best "pop".

This will give you best sps coverage for sure, if not sps heavy I'm sure this is fine.

Agreed. I switched from reefbreeders.

Back