LF: wrasse suggestion

lostmyz

i have a yellow coris wrasse i want another type of reef safe wrasse.....

no invert picking or coral picking even tho i have few corals.

suggestions???

Some type of flasher wrasse? Or maybe a tamarin? I picked one up from Carlos a few months back and it has become my favorite fish.

The wrasse freak has spoken lol. Care to explain Hunter. I would love to know the reasoning behind this.

I was waiting to hear from Hunter!!! Which do you suggest of those two species has the best personality overall?

The wrasse freak has spoken lol. Care to explain Hunter. I would love to know the reasoning behind this.
They're the two best behaved genera and are relatively hardy; not much more behind it really. Nothing wrong with Anampses, but they sure are touchy.

Try a Napoleon wrasse!
:hmm5: Surely you jest?

How about a Green Coris Wrasse? @@
Mixing Halichoeres can get interesting... might work, might not. But H. chloropterus doesn't stay green forever.

I was waiting to hear from Hunter!!! Which do you suggest of those two species has the best personality overall?
Genera; not a specific species. Cirrhilabrus are generally a touch hardier, but do require more room.

Sorry Hunter I meant Genera, not species. Anyways I will have to see what AT, RC and Aquarius has this week when i go make a round. Hopefully I can get a colorful reddish one. I really liked my long finned fairy wrasse and so upset that it went carpet surfing after a yr and a tank upgrade.... had great personality

One thing to keep in mind as you add wrasses is the established ones can get pretty aggressive towards newcomers. When I had my tank up I had a wrasse acclimation chamber. It was a slotted acrylic box with pvc pipe inside with suction cups I could place the newcomer in and have him be safe from aggression. The PVC gave him someplace to hide. After 2-3 days the established wrasses would accept him/her and I could release the newcomer. If you are at all interested in the more expensive Cirrhilabrus that is the only way to go. I had laboutie, lineatus, flame and rhomboids all together. BTW I only placed the newcomer in the acclimation box after a 2-3 week stay in my quarantine tank to make sure they were healthy.

I had 2 other wrasses in my tank before but as I learned too late my netting was a wee bit to big and they managed to jump out. MY current wrasse she is a model citizen and never showed aggression towards the other two (mystery and long finned fairy). I would do an acclimation box I have done it with most of my fish. I have one and I think its a great idea. I need to make sure the wrasse will get food during feeding times. I have some aggressive eaters or well 2, my tang and my angel. I will check out RC, Aquarius and Reef Monsters this weekend and see who has what? AT was a bust

One thing to keep in mind as you add wrasses is the established ones can get pretty aggressive towards newcomers. When I had my tank up I had a wrasse acclimation chamber. It was a slotted acrylic box with pvc pipe inside with suction cups I could place the newcomer in and have him be safe from aggression. The PVC gave him someplace to hide. After 2-3 days the established wrasses would accept him/her and I could release the newcomer. If you are at all interested in the more expensive Cirrhilabrus that is the only way to go. I had laboutie, lineatus, flame and rhomboids all together. BTW I only placed the newcomer in the acclimation box after a 2-3 week stay in my quarantine tank to make sure they were healthy.

OMG!!! HI PHIL!!!!!! Were your ears burning yesterday? We were just talking about your wrasse tank!! TJ was talking about your acrylic box and thinking about making one as we love our wrasses.

Back