Lifegard filter questions

fishlover12345

I have a filter I got with a tank on Facebook, and I have NO idea how to use it. I will include a picture of them , but what I have been able to figure out is that there are many different containers to help with filtration including chemical filtration , UV sterilizer, and some heaters? I'm not sure exactly of how to use them at all!!!! The number for the product is AF-92, AF-94 as well along with QL something. I just need some guidance on how to get this filter running I can't find anything online to guide me PLEASE. I can send pictures if you are willing to help me I can't upload them on here and would be FOREVER grateful

Yes, these are an old system (I used many of these same cannisters 20 plus years ago) that is designed for a pressure rated external pump to push water through them. They can be run in series (probably the preferred approach) and in parallel. AF-92 is the heater module, AF-94 is the mechanical module. Former works fine, though you do have to be mindful that it's an additional potential point for a leak particularly around the compression gasket. Latter is a bit more problematic because the pleated filter clogs very quickly.

Back